got ethical husbandry?

Three frogspawn heads dead and montipora eating nudibranchs?

Three heads on my large frogspawn colony dead. There is some stringy material rising from the top and I am not sure if this could be brown jelly disease? I have not added any other Euphyllia in probably over six months. Additionally, nearly my entire colony of montipora spongodes has RTNed in the past week. I have some pictures below. Any help/advice would be appreciated!

IMG_6279.jpeg
IMG_6280.jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg

You can see the green tip of the montipora in this image in the back. The entire colony below it has turned white in the past week.
IMG_6283.jpeg

Oh, no. I had them a few years ago in a frag tank and just didn’t keep montis in there for a long time. Strangely, they did not touch one certain monti. They did not eat anything else though I think I had no euphyllia in there.

Not screwed at all. You have a few options. You can attempt to control the nudi population with wrasses that are known to eat these. You can also pull all monti's out as those are the only coral that monti eating nudi's eat.

Not screwed at all. You have a few options. You can attempt to control the nudi population with wrasses that are known to eat these. You can also pull all monti's out as those are the only coral that monti eating nudi's eat.
I did some quick research and people seen to recommend yellow coris and six line wrasse. I generally quarantine all my fish for a month though so I am not sure if this is a reasonable solution as it would take at least a month to add them? I am almost tempted as @MolaMola said to not stress about them too much. My only montis are the ones you see in the photo, the forest fire and the spongododes. The one is almost lost already so maybe I'll just pull them out and avoid montis. My tank is softy and euphylia heavy anyways.

I did some quick research and people seen to recommend yellow coris and six line wrasse. I generally quarantine all my fish for a month though so I am not sure if this is a reasonable solution as it would take at least a month to add them? I am almost tempted as @MolaMola said to not stress about them too much. My only montis are the ones you see in the photo, the forest fire and the spongododes. The one is almost lost already so maybe I'll just pull them out and avoid montis. My tank is softy and euphylia heavy anyways.
Oh, I was stressed and super sad. Now that I think about it, I recall they ate some huge monti caps in my big tank that I thought was from a different reason. But like you say, there are so many other corals we can easily go monti-free.

Totally reasonable, they won't go away and next month you'll have a wrasse ready to go. I would get the coris and skip the 6 line for aggression reasons.

Oh, I was stressed and super sad. Now that I think about it, I recall they ate some huge monti caps in my big tank that I thought was from a different reason. But like you say, there are so many other corals we can easily go monti-free.
Yeah I love the look of them especially the forest fire, I think they tie the tank together nicely and are good corals for the high light right there I am just worried it'll be a losing battle.

Ouch. Sorry to hear of the Nudis. Can you set up a QT tank for the Wrasse and move the Monti into the QT tank with the wrasse? You can use the wrasse to clean the Frags while the DT is fallow, then choose how to introduce the corals/fish back into the system.

Back