Cali Kid Corals

Torch Dying? Or is this normal for splitting?

phatduckk

Supporting Member
Hey folks... My gold torch has been doing awesome for a long while now but today I spotted a head being quite recessed... it's definitely splitting & I don't want to jump to conclusions so I thought I'd ask and see what people saw... is this normal? or is something wrong?

IMG_6908.jpeg

IMG_6912.jpeg

BAAAAA any good strategies? cipro dip etc etc?
The Kung Fu Corals dip has reportedly had good success reviving torches, but seems to be changing on a regular basis (they just added pre- and post-dip hydrogen peroxide baths, for instance). However, given the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, how much of a 'heavy hitter'/wide-spectrum antibiotic cipro is, and the potential consequences of 'throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks', think hard prior to dosing/using antibiotics. If you do use them, I'd highly advocate following stringent disposal protocols (such as adding bleach to any water used in antibiotic treatments).

Prune that really bad one quick and dispose of it.
If bacterial, it can really spread.

But it also check flow. Make sure some powerhead is not pointing right at it.

Just did the hydrogen KFC dip 3 days ago on 3 torches. One of was really bad and didn't make it. The other two show sign of struggle but doing fine. Picture of before. Will add picture of after in about a week.
20220824_131610.jpg
20220824_131607.jpg
20220824_131603.jpg

I ended up trying out a modified version of the KFC dip with the stuff I had lying around... I didn't have any Amoxicillin & Restore but subbed in the closest things I had laying around.

I dipped it for about 7 hours in a bucket so we'll see how things are tomorrow

Back