Jestersix

Trident test A failed

iani

Supporting Member
I'm not at the office right now. What are the chances that the A solution is empty like is suggested by Neptune trouble shooting guide? What else could be wrong?
Screenshot_20210418-145653_APEX Fusion.jpg

I have heard the test tube sucking the reagent up can lay diagonally and not pick up the last bit of reagent. There are printed cones that can solve this problem that I installed on my trident. I might have an extra set in Sunnyvale. Pm me if you are interested in them.

It's probable that your reagent is "empty." However, it can be other things as well. The tube from the regent container to the back could be kinked or pinched because the drawer closed on it. Occasionally the metal tube inside the cap gets a little cock-eyed (who made up that word?)

Mine does that every now and then, but keeps working normally afterward. When the reagent is low, you’re more likely to get a weird test result than a fail.

My test A failed due to having the supply tube too close to the drain... micro bubbles, I guess. Moving it and re priming helped. Do your tests B and C fail too?

Re prime supply and A reagent. Same range error happened after the fail test for me. The prime scenario fixed it for mine.

I've had three Tridents now. This is the most common error that probably crops up once or twice a year for me. Sometimes it happens multiple times over a short period of time. Priming it usually works, but if it doesn't I pull put the drawer and reset all the tubes carefully, and that does it.

I've had three Tridents now. This is the most common error that probably crops up once or twice a year for me. Sometimes it happens multiple times over a short period of time. Priming it usually works, but if it doesn't I pull put the drawer and reset all the tubes carefully, and that does it.
Check for leaks, or could be that the reagent and sample isn’t mixing correctly. I’ve also had three tridents and got rid off mine when they sent me a third one. All replacements were brand new since I was within the first year. Keep in mind that this all happened within 4-5 months. The first two gave me the error for test B. Customer service is great but be prepared to take a whole video which can last 45 minutes with the cover off to see what the components are doing, then upload to YouTube and send them the link if you cant figure out what’s going on. I loved my trident when it worked but for the price tag and reagents you need to buy isn’t worth it. Specially when you count on it to monitor very important perameters. I’ll just wait to get another trident once they fixed all these issues.

It was a tubing issue, I was not at work at the office (tank is in my office) so I could not see what was wrong until just now. What happened was with ATK low sensor was dirty, so it thought my sump did not need any topping off this weekend. Therefore my sump return pump side ran low, because of this my Trident feed tube was not submerged in the water. Is there anyway to tell my apex to alarm me if my low float switch does not get triggered at least once in 24 hours? This way will know to clean my sensor?

Back