Kessil

Triton 3 Pack Shipping?

Probably a dumb question, but how the heck am I supposed to send out my Triton sample. I bought a “3 pack” and it came with these stupid cardboard flappy things instead of boxes. This is super frustrating. What am I missing? Do I send it I. This flimsy box with a bunch of tape or something?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 199
Probably a dumb question, but how the heck am I supposed to send out my Triton sample. I bought a “3 pack” and it came with these stupid cardboard flappy things instead of boxes. This is super frustrating. What am I missing? Do I send it I. This flimsy box with a bunch of tape or something?
Yeh these are their new packaging I guess. My last purchase also came like this. I was so suprised...

Thanks. Super annoying. Why hasn't it gotten cheaper then? That's my problem. I hate when companies try to cut costs, or "be environmentally friendly" but then put that cost on the consumer instead of doing the right thing. So frustrating.

Thanks. Super annoying. Why hasn't it gotten cheaper then? That's my problem. I hate when companies try to cut costs, or "be environmentally friendly" but then put that cost on the consumer instead of doing the right thing. So frustrating.

They added postage in the box for the customer and added a facility in America for testing. Pretty considerable value add, no?

Reactions: JVU
Yeah the included postage (cost plus convenience) is worth way more than a stronger vs weaker return shipping box in my opinion. Plus the 5-10x faster turn-around time to results. I don’t understand the outrage.

Yeah the included postage (cost plus convenience) is worth way more than a stronger vs weaker return shipping box in my opinion. Plus the 5-10x faster turn-around time to results. I don’t understand the outrage.
Going cheap on packaging for an item with this price point is kinda tacky as a cost saving measure. It’s such a small part of their cost. Unline sells small cardboard boxes for $.70 when buying bulk so this switch saves them such a small amount compared to the frustration it causes customers.

They added postage in the box for the customer and added a facility in America for testing. Pretty considerable value add, no?

They used to have all three...an actual box, a shipping label and a U.S. testing facility. But now they have crappy packaging. So I figure the price should go down. Let’s face it. They didn’t open in the U.S. for us. They did it because it was cheaper and easier.

Going cheap on packaging for an item with this price point is kinda tacky as a cost saving measure. It’s such a small part of their cost. Unline sells small cardboard boxes for $.70 when buying bulk so this switch saves them such a small amount compared to the frustration it causes customers.

I still don’t get the frustration. Has there been reports of the sample not getting there or the samples being damaged?

Exactly

I still don’t get the frustration. Has there been reports of the sample not getting there or the samples being damaged?
No, but I worry about it way more than before. The freaking test is a huge amount of money for what you get. I expect quality.

They used to have all three...an actual box, a shipping label and a U.S. testing facility. But now they have crappy packaging. So I figure the price should go down. Let’s face it. They didn’t open in the U.S. for us. They did it because it was cheaper and easier.

they did not include the price of postage. Label yes, but not postage. You think those ICP machines are cheap or the trained staff required to run the machine? If I had to guess, it have to be no less than a half a million dollars to get it started.

No, but I worry about it way more than before. The freaking test is a huge amount of money for what you get. I expect quality.

It’s their dime they’re shipping on now, not yours like it used to be. If the package gets there okay for most or all users and they save a little of their money, then what’s the issue? I personally be more concerned about the quality of their tests being spot on. I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

All I’m saying is that I think the changes they’ve made over the past 1-2 years in testing are overall hugely positive for US customers, so to see them getting raked over the coals and with their motivations personally attacked for a minor issue seems really unfair.

Would a better box be better? Yeah sure. Do I think they opened a US testing center for altruistic as opposed to business reasons? Give me a break.

Back