Cali Kid Corals

Troubleshooting Tunze 3155 ATO optical sensor?

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
So I woke up this morning to my return chamber water level much lower than it should be. The green light on the controller was lit up, everything looked like it was fine, so I thought either pump or optical sensor.

Flipped power switch off, waited a minute, and turned it back on. Pump worked just fine, but stopped filling and said 'water level good' with the sensor more than 2" from water.

Tried cleaning the optical sensor with water, checked all connections, and tried cycling the power again. Still nothing.

Anybody have any other ideas/tests I could try out? Don't want to manually top off the frag tank, so I want to order something ASAP if need be.

So I woke up this morning to my return chamber water level much lower than it should be. The green light on the controller was lit up, everything looked like it was fine, so I thought either pump or optical sensor.

Flipped power switch off, waited a minute, and turned it back on. Pump worked just fine, but stopped filling and said 'water level good' with the sensor more than 2" from water.

Tried cleaning the optical sensor with water, checked all connections, and tried cycling the power again. Still nothing.

Anybody have any other ideas/tests I could try out? Don't want to manually top off the frag tank, so I want to order something ASAP if need be.
I have had the same issue with the Tunze ato. The only one I had never had any issues really. Mine worked again after unplugging and plugging it back in and cleaning the sensor.

Back