Our mission

Tunze 9410 skimmer

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
So I know nothing about this other than I paid $30 for it way before I even knew what I needed it for. It takes up way to much space in my sump. Its loud and yea... If anyone needs it or wants it I'm in San Jose. I am looking for a skimmer if anyone reading this wants to sell. I spend way to much on this hobby so the cheaper the better.

20200920_193625.jpg

Many skimmers are loud by nature. Though for some even though it's loud it's not harsh sound. Is it the sucking-air sound that is loud? Or is the pump vibrating a lot?
That doesn't look huge (No real scale here). But did you research to see what you'll replace it with?

V

Many skimmers are loud by nature. Though for some even though it's loud it's not harsh sound. Is it the sucking-air sound that is loud? Or is the pump vibrating a lot?
That doesn't look huge (No real scale here). But did you research to see what you'll replace it with?

V

It's the filter sock that hangs off the back of it that makes it super awkward in my 15 gallon sump.
I have no idea what I'm going to replace it with. Any suggestions? It's going in my 40 gallon with a 15 sump. All I have in that tank are two clownfish right now so there's not much to skim at the moment.

I looked up the skimmer, it sells new for $300! It says the post filter is removable, and I've never seen another skimmer with a post-filter so I'd recommend removing it
and running it without before deciding to swap it for something else. If you really want another skimmer, I guess a Hang on Back skimmer would work for you, but honestly I'd
remove that post-filter thing and run it for a while before deciding if you really want to change it up.

V

V

So I took the thing apart this morning before work and found the bushing on the shaft in the pump was shattered. That might explain why it was so loud. Ordered one on ebay for $14. Now I just have to wait a week.

Back