High Tide Aquatics

Ultimate aquarium is selling their giant clam for cheap !!!

Twisted

Supporting Member
ultimate aquarium is selling this monster for only $250!!!
8F3D9CE5-70BA-426F-99BF-0D470F128EC3.jpeg

Really massive? Hows it compared to yours? :D

I remember seeing a member's clam in SF once, it was like in a 60 or 80g corner pentagon tank or something like that, and that clam was quite literally the center piece for the tank.

That said, I really want to get some clams for the lagoon, look down view would be fantastic... but not a 12" one :D

Yeah Calcium siphon. Also would suck (no pun) if their uptake of calcium and alkalinity were at a different rate than corals, not sure if their shell is the same make up as coral skeleton or not.

That said, yeah back in the day I had one that was 5" and I could still dose 2 part no problem, but I'm pretty sure 10" is not twice the uptake :D

Yeah Calcium siphon. Also would suck (no pun) if their uptake of calcium and alkalinity were at a different rate than corals, not sure if their shell is the same make up as coral skeleton or not.

That said, yeah back in the day I had one that was 5" and I could still dose 2 part no problem, but I'm pretty sure 10" is not twice the uptake :D
You are right. I actually heard that clams can cause issues in tank nutrients if they are big enough or many of them in a tank. They suck in nutrients and elements.

Back