Cali Kid Corals

Vectra noise

I finally installed a Vectra M1 I got from another member. While running it to clean it along with one of my chillers, it was dead quiet. And remained silent when I installed it.

I did a calibration and things seem fine but this morning, I noticed the pump whines like nobody's business... I've read on some forums of others having similar issues after a calibration but was told by Ecotech it was due to the soft tubing being used. I find this a bit tough to accept since even despite that, it was silent until about 15 minutes ago.

Any ideas?

to be more accurate... it's not a true whine but it's like a fan being run on a fridge.

Take a look inside where the impeller goes and look for little bumps or ridges forming. It normally should be completely smooth. If you start seeing those like the attached pictures, contact Ecotech and have original receipt in hand if possible.

231CCAFB-9EFE-4619-95F9-689C4F7F3187.jpeg

Take a look inside where the impeller goes and look for little bumps or ridges forming. It normally should be completely smooth. If you start seeing those like the attached pictures, contact Ecotech and have original receipt in hand if possible.

View attachment 16246
This is the issue I I had and vectra are famous for. If indeed these are bumps in the plastic it means its heating up and soon the impeller will start grinding on the plastic.
I would not use it if I see such signs.
Send pictures to ecotech and ask them for replacment. This is design issue they had in their V1s.

actually now that I think about it, the noise was probably from the get go when i installed teh pump last night. I just assumed it was one of my chillers working hard... but just traced it to the vectra today.

I got a reply text back this morning to open up a ticket. They asked for a receipt, which I don't have so will have to see if Ecotech will do anything for me... Haven't heard back yet since my reply

I got a reply text back this morning to open up a ticket. They asked for a receipt, which I don't have so will have to see if Ecotech will do anything for me... Haven't heard back yet since my reply

contact the old owner and see if they can send you a copy

Back