High Tide Aquatics

Vibrant Bubble Algae Success Story

Baykes

Supporting Member
Just thought I would share my experience to others also battling bubble algae.
A couple of before images to give you an idea. Pretty much the entire rock plus most frag plugs were like this:
B978C685-5E64-4226-BFB5-E711D9AD9368.png

BCAE4AF3-1BA0-431A-B7A7-435BB5B8B1AA.png

I would siphon the rocks bare, but inevitably it would grow back.

In March I decided I would try Vibrant which many on other forums suggest and someone here did as well. Per recommendations online, I started a double dose on march 26, which for the 10 gallon was 1 mL twice a week. Slowly the bubbles started to lose color. Some of the larger chunks detached from the rock and had to make sure they didn’t block the overflow or the MP10. As of today, a little less that 2 months later, I have no bubble algae in the tank whatsoever. During the treatment, I did no manual removal (except for from the MP10WES and overflow) or water changes. I do have some new hair algae, but I anticipate that going away after a few water changes.
8142ABCA-264D-40A7-A649-5BF59620FB79.jpeg

In short, I definitely recommend Vibrant if you are having troubles with bubble algae.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am not battling with bubble algae however I have some nuisance algae on my rocks that I cannot manually removed. I did get a bottle of vibrant from AC to try it out. By the way those are huge Sunkist bounce you got there...

Is anyone using this after water changes? I had started doing that in my 10 gallon, but stopped when I got my bigger tank and a fuge. It may have just been the water change itself but it did always keep the tank and the glass looking clean for awhile.

Back