Kessil

Videos on glueing in corals so that they stay

L/B Block

Supporting Member
Hi-anyone have some videos on YouTube or whatnot on glueing in corals. The urchins and emerald crabs mock my glue jobs!!

Just wouid like to improve my technique a bit.

TIA
Lawrence

Sandwich method works the best for me. For attaching to rockwork, mix up a ball of epoxy, put some super glue on it, the push the frag or plug in. Put super glue on the other side of the epoxy ball then smoosh it on the rockwork. It also helps to clean the area with a toothbrush first for better adhesion.

Sandwich method works the best for me. For attaching to rockwork, mix up a ball of epoxy, put some super glue on it, the push the frag or plug in. Put super glue on the other side of the epoxy ball then smoosh it on the rockwork. It also helps to clean the area with a toothbrush first for better adhesion.
Thanks

If you just want to use super glue only, make sure it’s the thicker gel version, you use a decent amount and make sure you give it a good twist back and forth to break surface of the cured glue that forms after it hits the water.

This won’t make a difference for your problem, but for completeness, I usually remove the frag from the original plug/rock and glue the frag to a piece of rubble, then glue the rubble to the rock work.

I actually can’t recall having a problem with my urchin grabbing glued frags.

Last edited:
I use the dollar store super glue gel. You can get two tubes for a dollar. Sometimes you get lucky and they have the three tube packs for a dollar.

They also have it on amazon, but it costs a little more.

Super Glue 15185 Gel, 12-Pack, .07oz tubes https://a.co/e0rX3qw

Hi-anyone have some videos on YouTube or whatnot on glueing in corals. The urchins and emerald crabs mock my glue jobs!!

Just wouid like to improve my technique a bit.

TIA
Lawrence
Start at about 6 min here for the sandwich method. I really like polyp labs little glue tubes, plus they sponsor resident Reef Beefer @Thales

Back