Cali Kid Corals

Weird, ballast controls MH and T5? Or am I missing cables?

kinetic

Supporting Member
So I started setting up my Giesemann Infinity today, a few issues:

1. The rails for the tempered glass and such are so tight that the glass is close to breaking when I try to slide them
2. The halides don't turn on

I think the halides don't turn on because I'm missing a bunch of stuff?
- There are only two blue ballasts that say MH electronic ballasts, but they only power the T5's
- The MH don't fire at all, there are no cables coming out of the fixture for them?

I'm confused, can ballasts control both MH and T5? Is there some special way of installing 250watt HQI lamps? I just pushed them down into the holders, and they stay. They are a bit shaky as the ends aren't secure, but they won't come out without a good tug. I looked at the contact points, they seem OK.

Bulbs aren't black, and aren't damaged.

I don't see any on off switches anywhere for MH.

Maybe this is why:

4111284766_ff93040b08.jpg

220VAC? too much?

wait, I think the second line in the label says it can go from 95 to 265! So that means it should work.

welps, back to square one... why won't the halides fire =(

Have you tried switching to different bulbs?
I had one issue like that where an IceCap would not fire and when finally I switched the bulb it did, weird but it happened and more weird is that the bulb is new and works on another ballasts but this one.

xcaret said:
Have you tried switching to different bulbs?
I had one issue like that where an IceCap would not fire and when finally I switched the bulb it did, weird but it happened and more weird is that the bulb is new and works on another ballasts but this one.

Issue has been resolved. There was a missing cable.

That's the problem with doing multiple posts in various areas of the forum. One undoubtedly doesn't get updated :(

Back