High Tide Aquatics

What happened to ESV B-Ionic

I faced the same issue looking for it online and then went to AC and they had plenty in stock so consider checking there if it’s close

If you need some quickly, I have about 2-3 gallons of b-ionic all pre-mixed. (I buy the 4 gallon sets) I'll sell you a gallon of each for $5 less than what ever retail is.

Yes, and to be similar to b-ionic you could add the trace elements from Tropic marine or another vendor. Because I believe the b-ionic has trace?

Well B-Ionic might have other stuff in it. But if you are dosing just for the calcium/alkalinity, then the DIY is probably fine.

V

Semi-useless anecdotal evidence:
I used DIY alk/ca for many years.
I switched to B-Ionic, and I really think I notice a slight improvement in coral health.
I think because I never really dosed trace elements.
So I am sticking with B-ionic. Bought in bulk it is not so expensive.

I've ran most of the two parts out thre, and will only use b-ionic
Your 250’s success with it is what made me choose it.

I switched to B-Ionic, and I really think I notice a slight improvement in coral health.
before switching to b-ionic would you notice everything looking ‘better’ after a water change? and then less of a change after using b-ionic. I’d imagine the swing of trace would be less when consistently dosing them compared to only replenishing via water change.

Your 250’s success with it is what made me choose it.

before switching to b-ionic would you notice everything looking ‘better’ after a water change? and then less of a change after using b-ionic. I’d imagine the swing of trace would be less when consistently dosing them compared to only replenishing via water change.
Thanks!

Well, when I went to almost zero water changes, as part of an experiment, it was not good.
But with normal water changes, no real difference after a change.
I also added small automatic water changes daily. Seemed to help stability, but nothing obvious.

Doh!...don't tell me that. I've been dosing DIY Alk/Ca for years....You mean my corals would be healthier. Although, I randomly dose in trace elements ...(I know, I know...)

Doh!...don't tell me that. I've been dosing DIY Alk/Ca for years....You mean my corals would be healthier. Although, I randomly dose in trace elements ...(I know, I know...)
Measure your potassium sometime. Every tank is different, but I've found that severely depleted a few times on tanks with and without water changes that use a more generic 2-part (such as my own).

Back