Reef nutrition

What if no one wants your next gen frag?

This came about while thinking of idaho grape and doesn't apply to me yet lol.
This DBTC is massively distributed in the club. I bet that just about everyone who wants it already has it. What do you do if you are ready to give away frags, offer next gen as per DBTC, and no one wants it?

Good question. I'd imagine that we could start using the DBTC for other clubs for the corals that grow faster than our member count does?

I would suggest that you allowing the "excess" coral to be traded or sold with 2 rules (assuming next gen frag wasn't wanted once offered)

1) if traded, first frag opportunity goes into a new DBTC
2) if sold, proceeds go to buying a new coral where first frag opportunity goes into a new DBTC.

"new blood" is always good.

You know...the potential future DBTC interclub thing may be the ideal solution. Socal has a strong club and may be an interesting option. The plus side is, shipping is cheaper down the coast the across the country :D

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3176.msg35013#msg35013 date=1203920362]
I would suggest that you allowing the "excess" coral to be traded or sold with 2 rules (assuming next gen frag wasn't wanted once offered)

1) if traded, first frag opportunity goes into a new DBTC
2) if sold, proceeds go to buying a new coral where first frag opportunity goes into a new DBTC.

"new blood" is always good.

You know...the potential future DBTC interclub thing may be the ideal solution. Socal has a strong club and may be an interesting option. The plus side is, shipping is cheaper down the coast the across the country :D
[/quote]

Good idea Tony, new blood is always good. AFA as Socal, I believe we have a member that drives down there quite often, I think he knows a few reefers down there as well.....

I have ALL my close family in socal (mine and my wifes). I will be heading down there sometime in june or early july, so if something is wanted to be arranged and it hasn't yet, I can see what I can do :)

I drove up here to Norcal with a cooler filled with rock and coral. 2 powerheads and a heater powered by a cigarette lighter converter :p

Back