Kessil

What is this??

This brownish rusty color stuff is all over the back of my sump. Don’t know what it is and it’s not going away. Easy to wipe of but idk if I should or just leave it. Would love to hear what you guys think it is, whether or not I should get rid of it and if so how I should do so. Thanks.
c4539d44c1040103ed33e2853ba9d16e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This brownish rusty color stuff is all over the back of my sump. Don’t know what it is and it’s not going away. Easy to wipe of but idk if I should or just leave it. Would love to hear what you guys think it is, whether or not I should get rid of it and if so how I should do so. Thanks.
c4539d44c1040103ed33e2853ba9d16e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And what salt mix are you using?

Sure it’s not rust?
I would check for rust just incase. Some times You can tell if its rust from the feel of the matter...
Otherwise it's the salt. One of the reasons I like the tropic marine is its purity. I can tell how pure salt is by looking inside my mixing station after couple of months of use...

Google says mostly a freshwater algae. I know you used a microscope, but are you sure?
Looks like this junk but mine isn't as bad. Started growing slower after I got rid of whiter Coral+ T5 bulbs. Scrubbed it off surfaces and tying to kill it off with GFO now.

Last edited:
Back