Cali Kid Corals

Wtf is going on

Adit0

Supporting Member
Looks like my blue/green pocillipora is the next victim to tissue necrosis. I thought poci's were pretty hardy? What's happening?
IMG_7050.JPG

Unfortunately, even the ICP test is only a snapshot of what is going on that day. Things die from being bothered, either from another living thing, or a change in the environment. Alk and temp swings are a common culprit as are tank mates. Do you keep a journal of tank parameters so you can track what they have been vs where they are now? That has helped me get a pulse on how my tank is behaving.

More often than not in my tank these days, something dies from coral warfare or fish knocking the coral over.

youve been dosing to kill the aefw recently. might be the stress finally got to it.
would make sense except... this whole thing started with my green birdsnest colony that rtn'ed/stn'ed a couple months ago. That was before any changes/dosing, so I think it's the same thing affecting the pocci

I saw a post on FB, I believe it posted by Robert Brillantes in 916 group, he is hardcore sps guy. He make a good point about sps die in spring time, He keep track of his tank and he also notice during spring time, he experience sps seem to die more even though not thing change on tank condition. I am not sure anyone else went through this or believe it but I experience on my tank early spring this year, too.

I saw a post on FB, I believe it posted by Robert Brillantes in 916 group, he is hardcore sps guy. He make a good point about sps die in spring time, He keep track of his tank and he also notice during spring time, he experience sps seem to die more even though not thing change on tank condition. I am not sure anyone else went through this or believe it but I experience on my tank early spring this year, too.
that's insane!

I doubt my acros have any idea what season it is. The only thing that changes in the spring is the tank high temps get higher if you aren’t keeping tight control with use of fans and/or chillers. Temp swings that corals aren’t yet used to cause stress and at the same time higher temps cause bacteria to grow faster which could worsen RTN/STN, so my bet is user error on letting temps swing out of the normal range is the cause of the spring issues?

Back