Cali Kid Corals

xr15 pro gen 3 mobius upgraded won't connect

Arvin R

BOD
BOD
I need help with a gen 3 xr15 pro I just got. The device shows up in Mobius under the legacy devices menu but then it gets stuck loading at "connecting". It always states "This device is part of an aquarium, if you would like to add it to a new tank it will need to be factory reset." I've upgraded firmware and did factory reset through ecosmart connection. I've tried both "Reset" option and "add configured" through mobius. Please help! I also need to get a replacement fan for it as it has 3 broken fan blades but I'd like to get it connected through Mobius before I go spending money on this thing. Thanks!

So you get here:
Screenshot_20220509-203309_Mobius.jpg

And when you hit "reset" it does what?

So you get here:
View attachment 38118
And when you hit "reset" it does what?
It will say "connecting" then after awhile the "connecting" goes away and it just goes back to the previous screen where I can click on the XR15 again and try to repeat the whole process. I really hope I can get this working. Bought it for $100. I can probably get it to work through ecosmart web browser but I'd really like to use the Mobius app.

Hmm. For me on that MP, when I click reset it went back to what looked like the original screen, and then I click next and it starts to update.

FYI, if you happen to get it to start to update, when it quickly says "update complete, you can close the app and it will finish in the background" DONT CLOSE THE APP!
I did that on an xr15 and it bricked it. Had to send it in to have them replace the board...

I've reached out to their customer support to see what they say. I have a feeling something may be wrong with this unit or the mobius rf chip.

I noticed the mobius chip has a button cell battery but it isn't replaceable. Maybe the button cell is dead? Not sure if it could be recharged by keeping the light on for some time or even if it could be recharged it might have been unplugged too long and will no longer take a charge? I tried reaching out to the seller but he seems to be ghosting me. My guess is he had issues with it hence why he sold it for cheap and just didn't say anything...
20220509_224607.jpg

Looks good. Just checking to make sure you had a serial number 58-60 model. Maybe try deleting the app and reinstalling?
I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks. I tried using my older Samsung S20 plus and it wouldn't even show the xr15 pro in the mobius app but it shows up for my s21 ultra.

I tried reinstalling Mobius and it still does the same thing and says failed when I try to connect to it. I'm still in talks with their CS and will see what they say. For now I will settle for programing it through ecosmart live as I got that working without any issues today. It will be on my frag tank so maybe not being able to easily access and change things would be a better thing. As of now it will be 1 XR15pro in the center of the tank and 1 48" Quanta PRO LED Reef Crest (AB+) bar, eventually I will add a second LED bar (not sure if it will be Blue or another Reef Crest (AB+).

Back