Our mission

why so much $$$

What makes some tanks so much more expensive than others? I understand the difference in materials (glass, acrylic, low iron) but I'm thinking when comparing similar tanks. Is there really a noticeable difference?

Workmanship comes into play. If you are comparing a standard tank made by a large company vs a custom builder then volume is key. If you are comparing smaller builders like Cadlights then it's build quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Workmanship comes into play. If you are comparing a standard tank made by a large company vs a custom builder then volume is key. If you are comparing smaller builders like Cadlights then it's build quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm leaning towards building my next tank/stand/sump. I was just curious if there was something special that they were doing in the expensive ones that I could be overlooking. I built two 75 gallon acrylic tanks about 15 years ago that were perfectly fine. They never leaked as long as I had them. I'm not sure what as far as build quality goes would be any different from what I could build.

The workmanship is definitely what you pay for, and also over engineering to a point. Cheaper tanks seem to try and get away with less material...

If you're comfortable with a diy build then why not. :). I'm planning to give acrylic a try and build a little 5g sump and top off tank for the 2g Nano im planning for work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back