High Tide Aquatics

Bonsai acros

Chromis

Supporting Member
What are your favorite bonsai acros? Seems everyone’s fav is Garf?

I actually really like this unnamed coral I recently picked up from Neptune’s under blues (think it’s an Aussie delicate coral?), but Garf has the nice purple under regular daylight.

Aussie delicate (?):
bb5b94f30059b518b144fa2d11e84516.jpg
fa8c7ae28d324d71eba56b9869efa9f2.jpg

Garf:
8632ee8f5f97b0d56e086ee7345dc9d9.jpg

Looks like a tricolor A. valida or something along those lines.

Garf bonsai
garf_bonsai_102617.jpg

Let me know if you want to grow a Garf in the same tank. I recovered one of the pieces that I accidentally broke off awhile back. It's not the largest or the best color at the moment.

Looks like a tricolor A. valida or something along those lines.

Let me know if you want to grow a Garf in the same tank. I recovered one of the pieces that I accidentally broke off awhile back. It's not the largest or the best color at the moment.
Thanks for the generous offer. The last photo was of a Garf I’m growing in the same tank, what I found was it really is a lot more purple than other similar bonsais, so much more color contrast in whites, but still they all look good under blues. Wondering what other interesting bonsai varieties people have found out there.

Bonsai just refers to an Acro that has a mostly a purple body with green polyps. The Garf is the undeniably the most sought out one with a long history since it has a pretty solid purple base with the green polyps. The ORA tricolor valida is similar (same species as the Garf), but the base is more brownish with the tips carrying most of the purple coloration. A. secale will also come in the same coloration and I recently saw a bonsai color A. humilis as well.

Back