High Tide Aquatics

15X reward points at BRS today

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
BRS is offering 15X reward points on their gift cards today (15% back). I'm stocking up and thought I'd led others know, too.

1709828841319.png

BRS is the last resort for me. I always try the following first:

1. LFS
2. Premium Aquatics
3. Championlighting and supply
4. Saltwateraquarium.com

Had not to order from BRS for quite some time (despite spending massive amounts of money on our hobby as all of us :)), but it is convenient to order from them (same as Amazon).

I want their triple DI kit...it's only in stock when it's not on sale. Super frustrating sales tactic on their end. They are a juggernaut indeed @Alexander1312

Unfortunately, I have not seen any other company, local or otherwise, even come close to a Triple DI canister kit as inexpensive as theirs, even at full price.

I want their triple DI kit...it's only in stock when it's not on sale. Super frustrating sales tactic on their end. They are a juggernaut indeed @Alexander1312

Unfortunately, I have not seen any other company, local or otherwise, even come close to a Triple DI canister kit as inexpensive as theirs, even at full price.
Make your own. It’s just 3 regular drinking canisters. like the pre filters Nothing special about it. eBay is your friend. Then buy the center cartridge and fill them with whatever media you want.
Be careful with the easy button. It will empty your wallet super quick.

I haven’t bought anything online in a long time. Get pretty much everything from Kenny except salt. Salt I get from AC or petco, whenever there are sales.

I’d get salt from Kenny too if he’d ever start stocking it!! @under_water_ninja

Edit - I lied, I just got my Reefi lights online…but thats sorta like supporting an LFS!

I haven’t bought anything online in a long time. Get pretty much everything from Kenny except salt. Salt I get from AC or petco, whenever there are sales.

I’d get salt from Kenny too if he’d ever start stocking it!! @under_water_ninja

Edit - I lied, I just got my Reefi lights online…but thats sorta like supporting an LFS!
That's what I do too. In most cases In check with him first, unless I know he certainly does not have it. I will use up my salt and will then get seawater from him. Not sure which salt you are using but he should get the Fauna Marin salt. Not many stores have this I believe. And that's the salt I would buy going forward, if not seawater.

Make your own. It’s just 3 regular drinking canisters. like the pre filters Nothing special about it. eBay is your friend. Then buy the center cartridge and fill them with whatever media you want.
Be careful with the easy button. It will empty your wallet super quick.
Convenience comes at a price indeed.

I got a 10-gallon ATO container from Neptune the other day. Three of their staff went above and beyond for 20 minutes to find it deep buried in their inventory high above the store.
Agreed, Neptune has the best hardware selection in the Bay (short of Eric's garage). @robert4025 once dug up for me the top end of an RO canister that matched one I had that cracked. They've got Hydros, Neptune controllers, skimmers, pumps, replacement Vortech stuff, etc.

That's what I do too. In most cases In check with him first, unless I know he certainly does not have it. I will use up my salt and will then get seawater from him. Not sure which salt you are using but he should get the Fauna Marin salt. Not many stores have this I believe. And that's the salt I would buy going forward, if not seawater.
I’m curious for details as to why you mention preferring Fauna Marin? I ask because they are distributed by CoralVue now, so actually will probably be available at LFS’s around here soon. Cos @Cbruno80 mentioned he could carry it at Cali Kid if there’s enough local interest.

I’m curious for details as to why you mention preferring Fauna Marin? I ask because they are distributed by CoralVue now, so actually will probably be available at LFS’s around here soon. Cos @Cbruno80 mentioned he could carry it at Cali Kid if there’s enough local interest.
I probably do not have more insight than you when you suggested to look into this salt before, and I was more coming from a business perspective since I do not see their salts often in retail.

There are several reasons why I got very interested in them as a company overall (and salt) only in the past few months.

Fauna Marin has a very strong reputation in Europe for a long time and only started not too long ago to market more actively/aggressively in the US. Claude/CEO appears to be a no BS, common sense reefer who seems to have great knowledge that challenges many of the common beliefs in our hobby, including the midterm disadvantages of using Kalkwasser (!). His English language appearances are not always bringing out all the things he knows well though. They are a large coral farm and an ICP provider, and sell their other products (anyone else doing all three?). I really like their ICP, without knowing how accurate it is. There are several hours of videos (German mostly though...) where Claude explains ICP results in great detail, how their target paramaters (different from Ocean values) are set, why relationships between traces and other items on the ICP often matter more than individual amounts, when deviations from targets matter, when they not, and all of this is in their knowledge base documented. After 5 tests they predict future developments based on the data (Dino outbreak etc). The also have trained ICP consultants in various geographic locations (still pending US though or just setup now). Having a salt that matches their ICP recommendations seems to be a logical next step for me, in addition to the quality aspect of salt production. Salt seems to be a high cost low margin product, and at higher risk for shortcuts. ICP and salt are currently the only two products I feel are worth looking into.

Having said that, I might still prefer to use natural seawater after I used up all my Tropic Marin Pro supply (which will take a while because I stopped doing regular water changes for now).

Reactions: JVU
Back