Cali Kid Corals

4:30am...

Today, at exactly 4:30am due to these dumb-a's
The apartment across from us (common wall) is vacant ($3000/mo!!) so it's being painted and little things here and there. I don't mind working people overnight (I've done it but dead silent) but at this precise time, a damn shop-vac goes on!!! for a short burst. I went "What the..." and looked outside the bay window; lights on and well noticed someone is working there, went back to bed; maybe it was an accidental turn-on of the vac but nope, there it goes on again and a third time so I got up, went out, put a really mad face and ring the bell...
-Oh, are we making too much noise?
-Duh! is 4:30 in the morning...
-Sorry, we just wanted to start early...
-It's not early; IT'S NIGHT TIME !!!

heck, I wish I could get my workers to get a early start to work like that. It's almost impossible to get anyone to show up before 10am

Haha, sounds like something my dad would do.

Call the police?
Wake people at 4:30am with a shop-vac?
Or ring the door bell witha very upset face?

So it's vacant and so they're trying to get it ready to move in or someone is moving out and so it's about to be vacant?

The couple there lived for maybe 10 months, kids from the midwest; now they have to have it ready to rent, don't wanna miss $3k !!
Our former neighbor passed away, nobody noticed until his sisters returned from Nicaragua since he did not pick the phone; a very quiet person but also very old. Unit was fully remodeled, SS appliances, tile kitchen floor and bathroom. I don't imagine needing a lot of work as to have to keep workers there overnight unless the place was trashed but I honestly doubt it.

Back