Reef nutrition

6th SF Tank Tour - Tentantive Sun Dec 6th?

Thanks Ian and Bryan,

Ok folks PM will be sent out by noon with schedule and Address. ley me know if you didn't get it. Hope everyone cleans their tank on Sat, so it nice and clean on Sunday! Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Arnold

OK PM sent, but I think it may have gone out multiple times - sorry. I guess my TO list was over 128bit and the warning kept coming up. Sorry if you got the message more than once. Let me know ASAP if you didn't get anything.

could be...but they are just estimates - you can help me keep us on track for time. The Marin one can be worse....at least I have fast track.

Should we bring name tags for people? Even I don't know everyone. well I am 6 ft tall- Chinese and should be wearing my BAR shirt incase anyone needs to find me - otherwise ask for Ian - he is my replacement : ).

Name tags are a good idea. Better than "Hey, reefer dude" :bigsmile:
We have some blank mailing labels here or I have a roll of blue tape and a sharpie!

My real name is Christina; the BAR payment went through. Looking forward to the tour tomorrow! Bringing green salad & folding chairs, and can carpool with any east bay residents. I have a mid-sized 4-door car.

Apon said:
Should we bring name tags for people? Even I don't know everyone. well I am 6 ft tall- Chinese and should be wearing my BAR shirt incase anyone needs to find me - otherwise ask for Ian - he is my replacement : ).

I need to find my BAR shirt..

99sf said:
My real name is Christina; the BAR payment went through. Looking forward to the tour tomorrow! Bringing green salad & folding chairs, and can carpool with any east bay residents. I have a mid-sized 4-door car.
We have chairs stools and couches. Enough for all to sit if they want.
No need to bring folding chairs.
Thanks!

thanks to arnold for putting this together and to jon for hosting lunch at their place. also many thanks to jon, ian, arnold, lap, patrick, and arman for showing their tanks. it was nice catching up with you reefers and nice to meet new faces. looking forward to the next tank tour. peninsula? south bay?

seasons greetings!
g

Thank you Arnold, and all the hosts of today's event! What a fantastic introduction to BAR for its newest member. I've been dreaming of upgrading from my 29 gallon tank, and now have such great role-model reef systems. Reef keeper, your photos are amazing... thanks for posting them so quickly. I gave up after my first 8 photos were extremely blue. I need to sign up for SLR lessons, or return to my point-and-shoot camera.

I am sure you will. It was like the paparazzi here!! :D
It was so great to meet and see so many reef tank enthusiasts. I have shown my tank to a lot of people who ooh and aah, but they don't really understand all of what they are looking at, or how much work goes into this whole thing - it was so nice to share it with people who really understand this world. Great group of people who all brought delicious food!!! :) We would host again anytime.
IMG_0775.jpg

I'm so glad I got to see the other tanks - shows me how I have something to look forward to someday as my tank is still fairly young.

Thanks Arnold for organizing a great day!! ;)

Thanks everyone for showing their tanks today and Arnold for organizing. Bonnie and I had a great time today. Really nice to have some in person time as opposed to just chatting on the forums. :)

Look for a south bay tank tour early next year.

Here are some of my pictures... http://picasaweb.google.com/jeemster/SFTankTour120609#

Nice meeting everyone and putting faces to screen names. Thanks to all those that showed their tanks!

Jimmy

Back