Neptune Aquatics

AI using robots to measure light spread/par

Saw that, and it fills in a lot of gaps that I've been waiting for Sanjay to do (but I think he's stopped doing the whole lighting thing).

A couple things come to mind, 1) Expect to see used Kessil's for sale soon? :D 2) What's happening between the AI 26 and 52? The Radion expectantly drops power usage by roughly 1/2 when you go with the half sized fixture, the AI 26 though still has 75% of the power usage of the double sized AI 52. What's that about?

The 26 is actually more powerful than half of a 52. 26 is rated at 90w n the 52 at 135w.

Lol maybe I should sell my 2 AP700s for a 6-8 26s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make sense, although the actual output seems to not be as good per watt as the 52.

That said, I wouldn't worry about numbers if your light grows corals and makes your tank look nice. Hell look at Kris, he has uses Kessils and no one could argue his aren't doing successfully.

Funny thing is I'm coming from Hydra52s! Have 3 on hand and was going to get. 4th for the new tank but Neptune's SR120 using the AP700 really impressed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 26 is actually more powerful than half of a 52. 26 is rated at 90w n the 52 at 135w.

Interesting.
I looked at the specs pretty carefully, and it seems like exactly 2X the LEDs.
That power difference might just be power supply efficiency.
It is hard to make a small LED set power efficient.

Back