Reef nutrition

Alex’s IM 150 EXT

Bleh that sucks. More of an issue with Oakland airport really though. The SFO Southwest terminal is definitely a lot better and what @Coral2Coral used for our shipment
I had the same issue with my Tampa Bay order at SFO, their shipment came after the inspector left and had to sit overnight(from ship out to pickup close to 48 hours), about 1/3 of the rocks was not good. The next order with Salty bottom I requested them to ship out the last flight possible and arrive in SFO close to midnight, got inspected/cleared in the morning and picked up in the afternoon. Everything was alive and good.

I had the same issue with my Tampa Bay order at SFO, their shipment came after the inspector left and had to sit overnight(from ship out to pickup close to 48 hours), about 1/3 of the rocks was not good. The next order with Salty bottom I requested them to ship out the last flight possible and arrive in SFO close to midnight, got inspected/cleared in the morning and picked up in the afternoon. Everything was alive and good.
This is a really good tip, makes sense why everything on the rocks were super alive. I got a nice urchin, limpets, astrea snails, lots of bivalves, sponge, corals, etc.

Seems like a good way to do it. They should suggest that to people. It’s gotta be a common problem.

You hit the nail on the head, and I told them exactly that. They pretended they were unaware of this issue, and I mentioned to them that I knew that others had similar issues - I believe pretty much everyone who orders from the Bay Area and receives the shipment after 10 or 11 am has this issue. I believe there is no competition with what they do, but I also do not want to support businesses that behave like that.

You hit the nail on the head, and I told them exactly that. They pretended they were unaware of this issue, and I mentioned to them that I knew that others had similar issues - I believe pretty much everyone who orders from the Bay Area and receives the shipment after 10 or 11 am has this issue. I believe there is no competition with what they do, but I also do not want to support businesses that behave like that.
Yep! I gave them those feedbacks that the inspector leaves around noon time and anything coming in after that got to sit overnight potentially delaying another 24 hours. Seems they haven’t take note or doesn’t want to change their setup to the Bay Area. But their customer service and rocks are awesome thou!

Yep! I gave them those feedbacks that the inspector leaves around noon time and anything coming in after that got to sit overnight potentially delaying another 24 hours. Seems they haven’t take note or doesn’t want to change their setup to the Bay Area. But their customer service and rocks are awesome thou!

Very disappointing they did not take note, and claimed this was an unexpected event, and when I followed up their reaction would never make me order from them again - but seems like they are peerless on the market when it comes to shipping submerged live rocks, and their rocks look really good from near.

Seems like despite more options to stock fish, every fish has issues :), so we are currently thinking of the adding the following three for now (in addition to a few fish from the nano, clowns, firefish, tailspot, royal gramma, and goby).

Does this look like a sensible arrangement or any immediate concerns?

Whitetail Bristletooth Tang
IMG_1171.jpeg

Blue Throat Triggerfish, Male
IMG_1172.jpeg

Goldflake Angelfish, Juvenile
IMG_1173.jpeg

Seems like despite more options to stock fish, every fish has issues :), so we are currently thinking of the adding the following three for now (in addition to a few fish from the nano, clowns, firefish, tailspot, royal gramma, and goby).

Does this look like a sensible arrangement or any immediate concerns?

View attachment 51041

View attachment 51042

View attachment 51043
I would NOT include that angelfish
unless you love the angelfish more than the polyps it will eat
angelfish need love too!

I would NOT include that angelfish
unless you love the angelfish more than the polyps it will eat
angelfish need love too!

Great feedback, thank you. I love both the fish and corals, so if this fish is a better candidate for a fish-only tank, than it might not be suited.

We will then consider swapping the angel with a One Spot Foxface (plus the whitetail and blue throat). Does this sound like a better mix or any concerns?

IMG_1194.jpeg

Great feedback, thank you. I love both the fish and corals, so if this fish is a better candidate for a fish-only tank, than it might not be suited.

We will then consider swapping the angel with a One Spot Foxface (plus the whitetail and blue throat). Does this sound like a better mix or any concerns?

View attachment 51045
The foxface is good
But I would get a trio of blue throat friggers rather than the white tail
And considering the tank size, only a single blue throat

The goal (IMHO) is to keep less fish longer

The foxface is good
But I would get a trio of blue throat friggers rather than the white tail
And considering the tank size, only a single blue throat

The goal (IMHO) is to keep less fish longer

So, if I understand this correctly, you said the Foxface is okay, but instead of the three fish suggested, you would get three triggers, but since the tank is too small for this, only one trigger?

Not sure if I follow, sorry.

So, if I understand this correctly, you said the Foxface is okay, but instead of the three fish suggested, you would get three triggers, but since the tank is too small for this, only one trigger?

Not sure if I follow, sorry.
Please pardon my confusion...
Get the foxface
Get a single blue throat trigger

But what I was thinking that I would get a trio of the triggers rather than different species of triggers

Please pardon my confusion...
Get the foxface
Get a single blue throat trigger

But what I was thinking that I would get a trio of the triggers rather than different species of triggers

Oh, I see. I was not thinking of getting different species of triggers. Just the whitetail bristletooth tang; the idea was to get one of each species.

I am sensing that these three fish would be too much for a 150-gallon tank?

if you start with all smaller size. Say 3”.
Foxface will need to be rehome in 2.5 years. For sure. You know the spine on the foxface is venomous. Right.
Trigger in 5-6 years maybe.
bristletooth tang 8-10 years. Maybe never.

Back