Reef nutrition

All these frags and nowhere to go

I've been trying to avoid buying/selling/trading corals locally due to this whole shelter-in-place thing... but seriously, the frags are starting to PILE UP...

Accidentally breaking off branches of sps here and there
Mushrooms popping off rocks and flying around the tank until I stuff them in softies-jail
Toadstools dropping babies
Trimming things back when they get too close to each other

Anyone else in the same boat, with a whole bunch of stuff to clear out once this order lifts?

I used it as an opportunity to make a zoa rock. I took all my frags and cut them off the plugs and glued them to a rock. But I have a fairly new tank so I have room to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@treylane If it makes you feel better, I am not shipping anything out either... a tankful of high end nems and no place to go... :/. on top of all the other accidental frags and shrooms.

I was talking to one of the LFS owners, and apparently all the major livestock importers have shut down or have significantly reduced operations. Nothing shipping out of Australia at all. Trading frags to members and LFS’s may be the only way to keep stock available for a while.

If anyone has any sps to get rid of, I’d like a few. I lost almost all of my sps frags to dinos/management recipe but all LPS/zoas survived and doing fine. Dino’s now under control! Happy to pick up from the sidewalk

While back I started to struggle with this that's when I prepared a 40g frag only system...it was worth it. Moved my old apex and couple old equipments and done:).

I was talking to one of the LFS owners, and apparently all the major livestock importers have shut down or have significantly reduced operations. Nothing shipping out of Australia at all. Trading frags to members and LFS’s may be the only way to keep stock available for a while.

Hopefully we can come together as a club to help out our lfs through this difficult time. Maybe instead of our usual swap we can all donate frags to some sponsors

Hopefully we can come together as a club to help out our lfs through this difficult time. Maybe instead of our usual swap we can all donate frags to some sponsors
This is gonna get ruff. I was also talking with a LFS. Things didn't sound promising at the time of our talk. Some wholesalers are closing up shop with not very much coming in ( new stock ). Im going to donate 2 chalice frags that I have

Reactions: JVU
This is gonna get ruff. I was also talking with a LFS. Things didn't sound promising at the time of our talk. Some wholesalers are closing up shop with not very much coming in ( new stock ). Im going to donate 2 chalice frags that I have

I think at least Route 66 and a few like them are just temporarily closing. Most of them due to cancelled flights and increased shipping cost. So when things are back to normal, they are back in action.

At least that is what I hope :)

Back