Reef nutrition

Anybody want to help make Banggai pairs?

DeadlyMuffin

Supporting Member
My male Banggai cardinal died recently (and randomly) leaving me with two females in two separate tanks.

I bought two juveniles from a LFS, but both of my females are hostile to them, so I think I may have four females.

I was wondering if anyone else was running into trouble getting a pair set up, and maybe wanted to experiment with some of my fish, or trade. Hopefully someone has a tank full of males!

I can sell you my mate pair if you like.. The female is blind in eye though. I paid $40 for them. LMK if you are interested.

where do you live?
I have one large one on my tank. I'm not sure what sex is but I would add a female to my tank to see if it's compatible.

Rich, I think Jar is talking to DeadlyMuffin. If DeadlyMuffin doesn't want to buy them. You can have them. Just hook me up with some babies later. I just don't have time to take good care of them right now. I need fish that eat flake. These guys only eat frozen mysis/shrimp.

My male died as well--I think they are more susceptible to dying because they fast for so long while holding the eggs. Anyways, If anyone else has a male They want to sell I would love to take it.

I'm interested in the pair. I'm in Hayward, but I'm willing to drive. Where are you Elite?

Also, Jar, if you're not too far I'm not opposed to bringing over one of my females and seeing if they play nice.

patrickb said:
My male died as well--I think they are more susceptible to dying because they fast for so long while holding the eggs. Anyways, If anyone else has a male They want to sell I would love to take it.

That's my guess too. The strain of going without eating for such long periods has to be pretty hard on them. Plus I'm having a hard time mixing up their diet, they're pretty picky.

Edit: Sorry for the slow reply, I didn't expect such quick responses! I'll stay more on top of this thread.

Sexing these guys, what is it about the jaw shape that helps determine sex? Pointed vs. square? I'm not sure. :~
I too have one left from a pair and am not sure what he/she is.

There is no none method of sexing them IIRC. Do a search on this forum, the topic has been covered (in Rich's thread IIRC)

The reason I know mine are female is because they fight, and one was part of a pair. When the male is carrying eggs you can tell which is which, but otherwise I don't think there's a difference.

Back