Kessil

Anyone ever bought bulbs here?

http://www.lightexports.com/servlet/the-Aquarium-Reef-Metal-Halide/Categories

Some very good prices here. Anyone ever try their "Aquarium Reef Metal Halide" bulbs?

Yup, they have an eBay store as well. Lightneed.com

Basically they are a fairly cheap bulb, their color temps are no where close to what it is, 20000K is practically white with no hint of blue like a 10000K-12000K) bulb, the 22000K has a slight touch of blue.. I'd imagine their 10000K bulbs would be yellow/green as all hell.

Now that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad bulb. I use a couple over 2 of my tanks because I wanted a cheap bulb, I have one of the 20000K bulbs over my SPS tank but I don't like it one bit, and once I get a little bit less lazy I'll replace it with my bulb of choice (Phoenix).

Overall though, I think they are much better quality than the Odyssea type bulbs or other risky ebay bulbs, but I wouldn't put them at the quality of a lot of the more known bulb makers.

I dont know. For a backup, I'd rather just save the money and use an old bulb, or have a new "next" bulb. I like radiums so I'd just have another new radium on hand. I'd use it anyways.

Back