Our mission

Anyone has an autoshop that can replace car window?

I had to break my car window this morning. Anyone has or know a shop that can replace the window for a good price? It's a small window that I circled in the picture.
This is not my car but it look exactly like that..
2005_toyota_camry_32117-E.jpg

Dude from what I hear the small windows are the most expensive ones. :(
That may be the most expensive window on the car.

Really Mike? I was told because the small windows are the least often broken that they are the most expensive (not mass produced).

our deductible is a $100. I forgot that we called the insurance company this morning to ask someone to come to open the door. I guess I can't really call them saying someone break my window any more ::) . I couldn't wait for them to come so I broke the damn window. I found one forsale on ebay for $30. I think I will buy that and have someone replace it.

Well the window itself is fairly cheap, I had the same issue with my Geo Prizm, although I had a $500 deductable when someone broke into it and stole all the spare change from my ashtray. However unless you're a mechanic or know your way around cars getting those windows in is a trick in itself! I went to a place near me, said $100, I told him to do it, it was done in 5 minutes.

I will have someone put them in. I don't even do oil change myself. ::) .. Probably I will break couple more things if I do that myself ;D ..

I can check tomorrow with the glass shop I always work with. I always get a very good price because they have to do a lot of windshields for me. I do know that the smallest window is usually the most expensive one of all windows. I had exactly the same thing happening this summer. Some customers of mine broke the exact same window (on a Sebring I believe) because they locked in their keys and it costed double then a windshield. My glass shop told me that this happens a lot because people think it is the cheapest one but it is actually the most expensive.

Are you in the East Bay? The glass shop I do a lot of business with is in Hayward (about 1 mile from ASAP) and I can check for a price if you want.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5626.msg70574#msg70574 date=1229667182]
yeah that's what you would think right... I know which one to break next time ;D ..
[/quote]
Or you could just wait until the autoclub shows up to pop your car open :D

;D I need the stuff in the car to do my work. I was an hour late for work. When you work at the airport, every minute count. We have SLA (Service Level Agreement) that we have to meet. We get in trouble if we don't meet it for some stupid reason, such as I can't find my car key. The good part, my wife found the damn key 5 minutes after I left >:( ..

[quote author=iani link=topic=5626.msg70560#msg70560 date=1229663641]
Really Mike? I was told because the small windows are the least often broken that they are the most expensive (not mass produced).
[/quote]

Those are the most common windows broken as car theifs break them so they can ride around in the car and not be noticed by the fuzz

Back