got ethical husbandry?

Anyone have a broken mag pump?

Hi guys I woke up today to find out that my mag pump is making a very loud noise...opened it up to find that the inner piece that holds the rubber on the propeller stick broke off on the propeller cover. I have a mag 7 pump so if anyone has a broken mag pump or a replacement cover they want to sell please let me know or if you have a good working and quiet mag 7 or higher pump for sale that's a reasonable price I might pick it up. Thanks in advance.

Reefdan is correct - the mag 7 impeller can be replaced.

You can call some of the local LFS to see if they carry them in stock or can order it for you, or as a last resort an online place like Marine Depot or Drs. Foster & Smith should have it.

i wasnt looking for the impeller guys...im actually looking for the impeller cover...the cover that is held on by 4 screws...marine depot didnt seem to sell that

revo said:
BIgD-Did you get this handled? I might have mag 9 that I can donate. Will check when I get home-Joe

no i havent...it still works but my god its loud...gets very annoying i put a sponge on the bottom of it to absorb the vibration but its still pretty loud...that would be great if you have a spare/broken one

I will look in the morning. I used to have a bunch of half working ones. I'm not sure if I dumped them though.

If I do find it, what city do you live in?

< Santa Cruz

GreshamH said:
I will look in the morning. I used to have a bunch of half working ones. I'm not sure if I dumped them though.

If I do find it, what city do you live in?

< Santa Cruz

i live in san jose...thanks a lot gresham

I'm getting ready to go tear the area up to see if I can find it. I'll let you know in a hour or two...unless I get buried by boxes :lol:

:( I found some random 9.6 and 5 parts but no 7's :( I also found my spare brand new 9.5 that has only seen water once now has an expanded impeller that I have to replace :(

GreshamH said:
:( I found some random 9.6 and 5 parts but no 7's :( I also found my spare brand new 9.5 that has only seen water once now has an expanded impeller that I have to replace :(

thanks gresham are you gonna be selling those pumps? my cousin might be looking for one but for me i came home today and the pump was out because the cover totally broke off. called around to the Lfs' and dolphin pet village had one left for the mag 7 thank god!!!! rushed over there and purchased it for 20 bucks so everything is good and i am happy! :bigsmile:

Back