High Tide Aquatics

API aqua spin

$1200 + $175 for every 50 discs. Carrying case is $150.

Salifert SW 6 pack of test kits for those parameters is $75 for 50 tests of each. 1050 Salifert tests to equal the system cost and $3500 for disks to equal 1050 tests.

Roughly

$1200 + $175 for every 50 discs. Carrying case is $150.

Salifert SW 6 pack of test kits is for those parameters is $75 for 50 tests of each. 1050 Salifert tests to equal the system cost and $3500 for disks to equal 1050 tests.

[emoji23] maybe the price will be cheaper? This i can see is ideal for LFS that charges customers per test for their water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I looked into this out of curiosity and it’s based on a pool parameter system that’s been out for a while now. Pretty sure a pool doesn’t need the accuracy a reef tank does.

Chris just posted that Aquatic Collection has this available for customer use now-

I google searched to find out more about the product, and found this thread on our site, lol

Question: Do you know if $12 is to test for all the elements available on the machine or $12 for only po4 and another $12 for no3 and so forth?

The sample is loaded into each single use disk with each disk containing the reagents for all the tests. It’s not possible to even run only one of the tests by itself.

Aquarium Depot in Sac area does the testing as well too. Here’s a video they made of them running a test so you can see how it’s done.

Watching that video again, I hope there’s a way to recycle those plastic disks. If a lot LFS start using this test kit, that’s a ton of wasted plastic.

Neptune charged $5/Parameter for testing which I always felt was fair based on it taking up an employees time and them providing insight based on results. But this seems like an awesome option for both the store and customer.

Does anyone know if they just toss the disk after? Seems a little unsustainable but it’s a start

Gotta be cost or ease of manufacturing/shipping etc...
I know it’s way too small to matter, but I’ve really tried to cut out as much single isn’t plastic as I can from my buying things.

If there was a spectrum of testing accuracy where would the aquaspin land? Closer to ICP or kits like Salifert and RedSea etc.?

Back