Cali Kid Corals

Aquacontroller 3

Does anyone use an Aquacontroller 3? I currently have a Jr, but the keypad is broken, which is going to cost $50 to fix, so I'm thinking about upgrading, but wondering if it's worth it. I like that it has an extra probe and a probe expansion option, and the alerts/ethernet capability is nice. Any thoughts?

I have been very happy with my Aquacontoller 3, especially because of the built in ethernet. So far the only thing that I found lacking, was a lack of logging for the device statuses. I have worked around this by having one of my home computers poll the AC3 every so often and then make the log entry into a local database, this also let me run the graphs for the probe data from the computers database which is much faster then the built-in webserver that the ac3 has.

I do all the programming through the built in web interface, and only touch the buttons for doing a feed cycle.

I love my AC3. pH, temp, orp control/monitoring or you can just plug another pH probe into the oRP control if you have say a calcium reactor where you'd want to measure the effluent and the tank pH. Built in ethernet ready to go just plug it into a router and you can monitor whatever you want remotely (not just at a computer, but anywhere you have internet connection), in addition to monitoring remotely you can turn things on/off remotely as well if you feel the need to. Programming.. well ok you know the programming it's the same, however doing it on a computer is way nice :D

Can't say, I use the free version. There's a few neat things the pay version can do, like allowing guest access to see your tank, but its not needed to do all the graphing and such.

Back