Jestersix

Are you "greedy and sinful" if not please explain

I'm not, I live a simple life and like to hang out and help out people that are good. If you are insulted when people call you greedy and sinful please let rhaey know I don't think he understands community and needs people to hold his hand in order to come to grips that some of us are normal life loving people. Perhaps we can help him turn a bad attitude towards others into a ray of hope.

OK hyperlinking doesn't work, maybe I'll start with a simple copy/paste

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1544298&perpage=25&pagenumber=4

Yeah it works a little differently. If you select the text for the hyperlink you can then hit the chain thing and enter a URL. (instead of vice versa)

We should stop in that thread already, the entire thread has been derailed and if that discussion is going to happen it should be in it's own thread

Wow, I don't know what to say.... I'm guessing there is more background to this that I am not familiar with but I'll just say I think I'm neither but to be honest, it really takes others to answer this truthfully. I mean most of the time we put up filters that effect the way we see things so while I don't feel like I am greedy someone else may think other wise. Know what I mean? We need to make it a point to asses ourselves and it's sad to say but a lot of people don't.

levi, I think part of the issue in that thread is there were to many convos going at once, it almost reminded me of a chat room.

Honestly the People of BAR have been some of the most NON greedy and NON sinful ppl I have met outside of my time living in a rastafarian community in Jamaica. However the ppl throwing stones are making general statements not personal attacks (well it at least started that way) and as things over the net do often, it all sprialed out of control.

The thread was closed, I started a new thread about the orginal subject matter, please everyone don't just take the battle to the new thread.

I so feel like starting a thread "Sorry rhaey, for I have sinned" since the old one is locked.

..last night, while playing games, eating food, drinking wine and having a grand ol time with friends, I brought out brownies and served myself one that was 2% bigger than the others...I feel so ashamed :(

I thought people would like to share their experiences with DBTC before the threadlock, there was to much bad stuff in that thread to have it pegged at the top. ;)

I don't know what sinful really means, being as I'm a hard core atheist I have to honestly say I'm not sinful at all, however those of faith would say otherwise :D

Greed? Every time there's a tasty pastry dessert in the house baby!

tuberider said:
I thought people would like to share their experiences with DBTC before the threadlock, there was to much bad stuff in that thread to have it pegged at the top. ;)
There is DBTC greed. It is unavoidable. Some is real greed and some is just over excitement which looks greedy but really isn't (this, from self reflection).
It is fairly obvious to me when the greed surfaces and BAR responds by not supporting it. There are some people who easily can get just about anything they want if they ask and others who would have a hard time scoring a brown polyp when they are the only requester in the thread and there are a dozen frags available. I think BAR does a pretty good job at self policing greed. Sure, some gets through the cracks, but oh well. What is a few here and there when we are approaching 700 unique chains and likely a couple thousand frags distributed (yes, it really is that high!)

But all in all BAR imo has a pretty darn low greed rate and a large pool of exceptionally generous people. Who cares about the bad apple in the bunch. We will just eat around the worm in the apple and then use the worm to feed a fish :p

I have had nothing but good experiences in this club. I find that people are very generous. Gomer gave me my first SPS frag, which is still going strong. If it wasn't for the sound advice and DBTC program provided by BAR, I would have been out of this hobby a long time ago.

However, much like Mike, I am a greedy gluton when it comes to dessert. Cheesecake is my nemesis.

Back