High Tide Aquatics

Art has water in his tank? Nooo way!

kinetic

Supporting Member
Yes way!

After 2 years of trying to find the perfect system to setup, I've finally done it. I don't see the previous 3 tanks as failures to launch, but as a learning process (costly). I realized I shouldn't compromise and should save up and get exactly what I want so that I would be happy with it from start until... well forever hopefully ;)

Thanks for buying my stuff for cheap though =P

Here's proof (ignore the date on the tubing, I think that's when it was made):

And to keep you entertained, I busted out my macro lens, turned my sb-600 flash into commander mode, and shot a few drop shots:

The edge of my tank... beveled to perfection:

1612313267_e9cbc5442d.jpg

Reef crystals bucket arrives on tuesday, so does (hopefully) the rest of my equipment.

A few days ago I filled the sump and it's been running for awhile now. It took 3 days to fill the tank with my RO/DI, not to mention some problems with the equipment.

At 3am I turned on my return pump, and all went well (except the return outlet was pointed straight up so water flew all over the piano). The drain was leaking a tad at the bulkhead, so I had to turn it off, I'll address that today. I think I overtightened it.

Looks sucky Art- I don't like it. I think you need a new system. You should sell this piece of crap! I think I can find you a few buyers. : )

[quote author=Thales link=topic=2509.msg25879#msg25879 date=1192735075]
I have dibs on the water!
[/quote]

hey man, that water has taken me hours and hours to make =) It's on day 4 and it's barely enough to turn the return on, haha!

I agree, that tank sucks, it's way to clean (not a single finger print even) and has been tainted with fresh water. I'll take it off your hands ;D

it's not just fresh water, it's are ooh dee eye! haha. this water means a lot to me. It's like the fountain of youth. i spent forever setting the unit up, countless spills, cursing, and more =)

Sure, sure. Water is a nice step.

... but I read your tread on RC and I think you need a new chiller.

I'M FIRST GUYS!

;)

BTW, anyone who tells you don't need a nice camera to shoot great pics hasn't tried shoot water droplets! (oh, nice shots!)

C

[quote author=tacocat link=topic=2509.msg26072#msg26072 date=1193368068]
That's a nice tank. You need a Profilux controller like that Slovan guy.
[/quote]

Thanks! I settled with an AC III I got a year ago =/

checkout my build thread: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129130

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2509.msg25884#msg25884 date=1192743818]
it's not just fresh water, it's are ooh dee eye! haha. [/quote]

Yah Yah..... I want to see saltwater in there with rocks before I start believing. I'm in line for the controller. LOL

Patrick

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2509.msg26115#msg26115 date=1193431443]
Let's see how long this tank will stay up. :D

[/quote]

Let's take some bets ;) proceeds go towards our upcoming BBQ lol.

[/quote]

Until I'm ready to come back ;D :D

[quote author=Elite link=topic=2509.msg26132#msg26132 date=1193463469]
[/quote]

Until I'm ready to come back ;D :D
[/quote]

you already got your new tank!!! just be super careful with it and since it's so small, there's only so much money you can put into it.

Hey, look what Phong said! :D

[quote author=Elite link=topic=2509.msg26132#msg26132 date=1193463469]I'm ready to come back ;D :D
[/quote]

Back