Cali Kid Corals

ATI essential pro 2 part question.

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
I switch to ATI essential pro two part two days ago and I set up two Kamoer x1 pumps to dose it. Well two days later I just noticed that part 1 has been severely under-dosing. (My fault, I should of rechecked the program) I'm supposed to be dosing 90ml of each part a day. Right now after 3 days part 1 is 105ml behind part 2. Should I manually dose the difference or just fix the dosing error and let it ride out?

What's your calcium and alkalinity like ? if they're both acceptable don't bother changing a thing. There's no magic formula to the EXACT ratio of calcium to alkalinity.

What's your calcium and alkalinity like ? if they're both acceptable don't bother changing a thing. There's no magic formula to the EXACT ratio of calcium to alkalinity.
I try to keep alk between 7 and 8. My calcium is right at 450 right now but my alk is just under 6...

Manually adjust it slowly to target value.
The main reason - otherwise it is hard to see if your doser setting are wrong.
You want to get Alk/CA to the correct values, then watch them over time, see if they drift, and adjust.
+1 on no magic alk/ca dosage ratio. You want them roughly equal, but tanks vary.

Back