Jestersix

Aussie wild acropora

I lately picked up a big frag of an Aussie wild acropora from ATL, they named it ATL Aussie Pink Lemonade Acro : http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/frg03205.html

Could it be bleached version of strawberry shortcake? AFA I know, body of SSC is greener.

This is picture from ATL

yhst-99454104011929_2147_17734989

I will take a picture of mine when I get chance.

Thanks Jon!

The colony in ATL does have yellow body, like the picture above. I asked the employee to call Ming and he said it is different coral than SSC. But I feel it looks alike of SSC, plus it came from Aussie shipment.

The frag I got has even lighter body color, almost look like bleaching (maybe it is). It has been in tank for few days, no color shifting yet, PE is OK.

seminolecpa said:
Looks very similar just a very bleached out version.
That was my guess Bryan, but I don't have SSC anyway. When I was paying for it
I was thinking they might sell better if just call it SSC.

So what do I need to know in order to keep bleached acro? And eventually unbleach it.

I would start it lower and work it up into the light. If it is indeed bleached, I would expect you will see a change over the next couple of months. Wild colonies are always a crap shoot. Almost lost the SSC when I first got it as it started to RTN within 48 hours. i

Thank you Bryan. It really look nice in person and very hard to resist.
I have it low now and cut a frag and placed in different spot, have my finger crossed and hope for best.

I am always iffy now on whether I sould frag a wild colony right away (in the few instances when I go wild corals). Part of me says to frag them to get another piece in someones tank or to move to another area, and part of me says it is best to leave it alone for a while as it is going through a great deal of stress. Usually opt for the former as I seem to have a better success rate.

Thanks Jon. I am not sure if I can keep and grow this one though, I am having some issues with Acroporas lately.

The raspberry lemonade nasuta is defintaly an amazing coral!

Back