Cali Kid Corals

Baby Blackfoot Trochus Snails

kinetic

Supporting Member
So my black footed trochus gave birth I guess to hundreds of baby throchus snails. They're large enough to see the patterns on their backs, and I've knocked a few down to see if they could get up, and indeed they can. These are real trochus, not some pyramid snail.

Completely sterile tank, dry rock, no seeding of any kind, so I know exactly what I have. No pests, no nothing. Except baby snails.

I'm not sure if my tank has enough algae (or any at all) to sustain so many, so let me know if you want a few. They're super tiny but they've been alive for a month now.

I'll be back from New York on Sep. 6th, let me know =)

Depending on how many each person wants, not sure if I'll have enough for everyone at once. But yes, they breed all the time! It's crazy! No fish, no skim, nadda, just a snail factory in an empty elos tank...

I'll be back next Saturday! If you guys want, you can stop by my place to pick them up and/or meet me over at Albany Aquarium (jim's). I might stop by there to hangout =)

Thats kewl.. I'm about 5 minutes away from albany aquarium.. Maybe 10 :) Let me know if there are any left Art... You wouldn't be interested in a partial trade for a sigma 10-20 :)

dude, haven't heard from you in a long while......next time you visit your sister stop by my plaace and I will take a few snails : )

Hey Art,
I second what Arnold said "haven't heard from you in a long time". Though I think of you every time I take a bad picture of my tank. ;) I'd love to get some snails off you. I'm building my new 120G tank and I'll need quite a few snails for it. BTW, how come you ELOS is still bare? I thought it would be flush with life by now.

Hi Guys, I seriously need to get back into the forums and the club activities. Started at a new startup company recently, and it's just been work work work. ELOS tank is bare because some parasite wiped out all my Ventralis Anthias in one fell swoop =( I never added corals because it was still a bit "sterile". Now I have a handful of small trimma and eviota gobies, and just moved two of my clown fish into the tank.

Otherwise just regular water changes, skimmer cleaning, and that's about it.

I'll be back to my old activity level soon, no doubt ;)

Lots of snails for you guys, I'll definitely get all of you some snails eventually =)

Would Love one of your "special" yuma babies!! Would also take a few snails, maybe 5 if still available! I live in Oakland and could meet you in Albany no problem!

Art, I saw in the flame angel thread that you work in Emeryville? Me too! (I'm a software engineer at Pixar). If you have enough snails for me to have a couple, maybe I can pick up there?

thanks!

haha yeah, Pixar is literally down hollis street like 5 blocks from me. I work at 5741 Doyle St. When I get back in town, I'll bring a few with me to work and I can meet you somewhere.

Where are they at now, Sam? :D

Good to hear from you, Art. Sorry about those ventralis of your's but maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Let me know when you have time to do some shooting or planning anything.

You should start a DBTC for these guys; I'll wait for 2nd gen.

Back