Our mission

BAR donation tank at KMS

Coral reefer

Past President
Tank guy bob donated a 40 breeder and stand that I set up and will be maintaining at a local elementary school, Katherine Michiels school in sf. It will be a simple Reef with mainly softies, a couple "nemos" and another fish or two. Going to keep it simple as I can. Should give the little kids a good opportunity to learn about some science while enjoying an aquarium. Thanks to bob!
Also, of anybody has a smallish jaeger heater or a koralia 2-4 laying around that they would be willing to donate it would be helpfull. If not ill go ahead and buy stuff for it. Also, if anybody breeding clowns wants to donate a pair tht woul be super cool!

Thank you Mike for getting this going. The tank and stand was bought brand new and should be a nice addition to the class. I have a koralia #2 and I'll bring up to your place tonight

This really warms my heart - BAR is at its best when our members pool together to give back to the community. :)

Mike, please let us know if you need people to help with maintenance or even for a fun project to help the kids learn about the inhabitants. I've got a couple common ocellaris for the tank, if you will have them.

If you need equipment, and don't mind some of it being used swing by and rifle through any of my junk tubs. I have some Seio pumps, I think I might have a maxijet lying around, definitely got more heaters than I know what to do with. I have lights too, but all of it is DIY stuff probably don't want considering the location.

I have a MH/T5 combo that needs a new home. I believe it's a 24" fixture with a single 150 watt. DE bulb and 2 x24 watt T5's with dim-able moonlighting. It just needs bulbs and a ballast. It's yours free. Only problem is it would need to be picked up or I could meet in Vacaville after 7:15 at night. It's a Catalina fixture. A few years old but works.

thanks for offering to help out everyone, especially Gresh and Jess! Had no idea the support for this would be so large. I will contact you guys once the tank is really settled in and ready to be stocked up and fed!

Forgot to take pics again today, but the kids love it! A pair of oscellaris clowns and a trio of chromis with a blood cleaner shrimp in there for now. Looking to add a canopy to keep little hands out and hide and mount the lighting in the near future. If anyone has a 40 breeder size canopy let me know. Or if you wanna build one that's be sweet! Or if you wanna offer some frags to someone else to build one...the possibilities are endless!
Eventually I'd like to drill this tank and have a sump with a skimmer and an ato, but if anybody had a peninsula style tank and stand that was about three feet I could use that instead.

Back