Neptune Aquatics

BAR Elections - 2008

From the BOD meeting, there was talk of expanding "- Officer at Large - Supplies Manager" to something that also includes working with events such as logistics with the BAFM or frag swap etc etc. I'd be comfortable to that capacity as I'm sure you would too Steve. It doesn't put us in the limelight, but it does let us get more involved.

I had visions of running this year myself but I really don't have the time.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=4469.msg54341#msg54341 date=1220428674]
It's BAR Election time again!

Formally, a nominations committee announces candidates at the October meeting, where additional nominations can be taken from the floor. Election votes are taken at the November meeting if there is more than one candidate for any position.

[/quote]

There's a November meeting?

What's the status of the nominations now that the event has taken place?

We will do elections online I believe, that's up to the BOD I guess.

Nominations are

Charles- President
yours truly- Vice President
Bryan- treasurer
Steve- Records or sec (whatever the title is now :D)
Ian- Sponsorship
Tony- Supplies
Erin (pixelpixi) as webmaster.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4469.msg59203#msg59203 date=1224175889]
We will do elections online I believe, that's up to the BOD I guess.

Nominations are

Charles- President
yours truly- Vice President
Bryan- treasurer
Steve- Records or sec (whatever the title is now :D)
Ian- Sponsorship
Tony- Supplies
[/quote]

So no Nov meeting? Norm miss-poke, er, miss-typed?

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=4469.msg59209#msg59209 date=1224176642]
Jeremy missed Erin (pixelpixi) as webmistress.

Feel better now?
[/quote]

Fixed!

Sorry Erin :-

So why has no thread been posted about the election and the results? It's only buried in this thread and only after I prodded? ???

Well I'm guessing since no one was publicly nominated, those that filled the spots were those that gave the nod or were prodded at a BoD meetings (except me :D), as a result no need for an actual vote (kind of like it is EVERY year). I forget when the new BoD takes over, but I thought it was November? Or beginning of the calendar year?

Actually Mike we did do formal nominations at the last meeting. As of now there is only one nominee for each position so I would assume if there was no opposition then the nominees would take over in November as has been done in prior years.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4469.msg59378#msg59378 date=1224271189]
Well I'm guessing since no one was publicly nominated, those that filled the spots were those that gave the nod or were prodded at a BoD meetings (except me :D), as a result no need for an actual vote (kind of like it is EVERY year). I forget when the new BoD takes over, but I thought it was November? Or beginning of the calendar year?

[/quote]

Regardless of nods, handshakes or the likes it still would be nice to have it announced once it happened. Things area happening very slow here now, much slower then past BODs I must say :(

Sorry Gresh. Been busy.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=4469.msg54341#msg54341 date=1220428674]Formally, a nominations committee announces candidates at the October meeting, where additional nominations can be taken from the floor. Election votes are taken at the November meeting if there is more than one candidate for any position.

[...]

Candidates will be accepted up through the 10/11 meeting. Since we do not have a general meeting this November, we can do a November 8th online vote if needed.[/quote]

No need for a vote, due to lack of multiple candidates for any one position.

New BOD officially starts in November. But we are doing a one month overlap right now with the LDBOD ( Lame Duck BOD :D ) to help the transition.

Rich and I will be serving as Officers at Large.

Will post the official "Welcome the new BOD" announcement in November.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=4469.msg59381#msg59381 date=1224271836]
Actually Mike we did do formal nominations at the last meeting. As of now there is only one nominee for each position so I would assume if there was no opposition then the nominees would take over in November as has been done in prior years.
[/quote]
Ah gotcha, forgot I left early with a headache and feeling run down. Guess I missed more than a raffle :D

Back