Jestersix

Bonus/ultra corals for the 6/1 frag swap: what will you be bringing?

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
Trying something new, and bringing a bit of awareness to what people are bringing to our upcoming frag swap!

I'll be bringing either one or two heads of dragon soul torch, and either one or two heads of purple torch. How about you all?

I’ll be bringing a few Zoas from the list for sure. Probably a chalice or two, and tbd on a few high end acans/ mushrooms.

Can’t wait for the swap!

IMG_1326.jpeg

Edited color saturation for dramatic effect, and because my photo taking skills are crap.

So far as ultra, some fuji yellow leather, yellow Sinularia frags, and maybe a few bonus list zoas if. I can figure out how to only frag and glue 2 polyps without messing them up.

I also have yellow submarine favia I'd like to be fragged but i'm too scared to frag it myself it's too nice of a peace for me to risk it lacking experience. I'd definitely be open to help with it, if anyone has experience with fragging them near the south bay.

Last edited:
I'm still undecided on what I will be bringing. But most likely, there will be an Aussie "Ice Tips" hammer and some Micromussas. I don't have much else which means I'll have to likely buy something before the swap.

Not a bonus or ultra, but do you guys care about organ pipe coral? I have a piece I can bring. Just a couple polyps. They don’t grow too fast. Just don’t want to bring something people don’t want

I'm planning on bringing a frag of Biota Palau Bicolor Hammer Coral, and if anyone's interested I'd love to swap a frag for some others to take to the swap!

EDIT: a photo of the mother in display tank.
1000009803.jpg

I'm planning on bringing a frag of Biota Palau Bicolor Hammer Coral, and if anyone's interested I'd love to swap a frag for some others to take to the swap!

EDIT: a photo of the mother in display tank.
You caught my attention with the hammer, what are you looking for?

Do you have a picture of it?
And are you looking to swap for the 3 entry corals, or a bonus/ ultra coral?

You caught my attention with the hammer, what are you looking for?
Honestly, I'm just after a few corals to take for the swap to meet the requirements. It'll be my first swap, so I wanted to make sure I don't come empty handed or too light on corals. My only other entry would be some BTAs and potentially some Kryptonite Candy Canes.

Honestly, I'm just after a few corals to take for the swap to meet the requirements. It'll be my first swap, so I wanted to make sure I don't come empty handed or too light on corals. My only other entry would be some BTAs and potentially some Kryptonite Candy Canes.
Well for purpose of clarification, you only need 3 different corals for entry that aren't on the banned list.

* I would definitely say if this is your only hammer - keep it. Same with the others you have unless your not attached to any of them. I don't know how far along you are in the hobby. Typically corals people bring are things they have grown out, have extra, or something they aren't attached to.

If this is your first swap and you would promise to help someone else out in the future. I would offer to bring 3 extra corals and sponsor your entry. So you Can start to grow out what you have in addition to what you get from the swap.

Now if you are just wanting to get rid of the hammer, and not out of a need to ensure you have enough to enter the swap let me know and I could trade you something for it. I love hammers and collect them is all.

I'll be at the swap early DM me and I can give you my number so you can text me to get them from me if you want.

Last edited:
3 different corals is enough according to the rules.

I would still like a hammer if there’s something you want to trade for. It’s a really nice coral.

Back