Jestersix

Bounce Shroom

Has anyone purchased any of these and have kept them for over a year or two. I'm curious if the bounce goes away if the lighting changed and they eventually become normal shroom.

They won't become normal shrooms and will stay "bounced" -- however, if they're starved by not gettin fb enough nutrients or the right light, they may shrink or get bleached if too much light.

they're easy to care for otherwise...

...I have every named and many unnamed bounces, for context.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I heard that if you blast blues, it stresses them out and their bounce get bigger. Thats how some peoples wwc og bounces have thumb sized bounces when the shroom itself is only 1inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one theory... though, with too much light/blues they're prob to bleach out as well. So miles may vary

They won't become normal shrooms and will stay "bounced" -- however, if they're starved by not gettin fb enough nutrients or the right light, they may shrink or get bleached if too much light.

they're easy to care for otherwise...

...I have every named and many unnamed bounces, for context.

Pics or you're lieing!

Lol... too many to take pics of them all...

But here are some...

ee5676778269165b558c18127e4f9791.jpg
f8fe2777274e3654f8525ef45e0dceb7.jpg
bf817d37d2e34c652f5e183d6ad1b1ad.jpg
a3ff5841b1b238eab7f833c70722d1c3.jpg
284c71b1e09890dec102eec614ad9c77.jpg
071e6bdb0b4aa4d735cff32bc853f8e3.jpg
3aa6676ab1dc5a9966b74a7ba5f92a0c.jpg

I see you dont have a Sunkist bounce. Lets make a deal? [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rofl...I have way too many unfortunately.

I have 3 copies of Sunkist, 2 copies of Reefkoi, and a CB orange bounce direct from Rich at CB...

What's your water parameters to keep shrooms?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, my water parameter in my primary shroom tank is too clean... 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate. :) so I take the dirty water from my other tanks and dump it into my shroom tank. Lol.

Shrooms like to have nitrates in the 5+ ppm. So keeping them in you DT with fish actually provides the best for shroom growth.

My secondary and tertiary shroom tanks are practically ignored and the shrooms there take off... I use these for grow out and recovery

Shrooms prefer low flow and relatively low lights. The AIO lights in the 7-10K range seem to really make them happy.

My fancier lights sometimes wind up pushing them off. So if you have a light with good output and par, stick em low in your tank.

Unfortunately, my water parameter in my primary shroom tank is too clean... 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate. :) so I take the dirty water from my other tanks and dump it into my shroom tank. Lol.

Shrooms like to have nitrates in the 5+ ppm. So keeping them in you DT with fish actually provides the best for shroom growth.

My secondary and tertiary shroom tanks are practically ignored and the shrooms there take off... I use these for grow out and recovery

Shrooms prefer low flow and relatively low lights. The AIO lights in the 7-10K range seem to really make them happy.

My fancier lights sometimes wind up pushing them off. So if you have a light with good output and par, stick em low in your tank.

Agree with everything said here, as well as low flow. shrooms do not like high flow and wont open up fully

Back