Reef nutrition

Calling all clown and wrasse experts

If there are any maroon clowns/ 6 line wrasse experts out there, I need help/advice on how I approach adding fish into my tank
So here is the situation:
-Currently, I have only 1 lightning maroon in my tank, it is the only fish in my tank. From the swap I got a green BTA from @Vincerama2 (it's beautiful btw), and the clown has already hosted it. I would like to add another maroon to pair the two clowns and a 6 line to remove any pests that I may not know about.
-Is my maroon going to be aggressive towards the 6 line and/or the new maroon if I add it into the tank? since A) the maroon doesn't have a mate and B) it now has anemone to protect
-How do I approach adding these two fish? Do it first add the 6 line? or the other maroon? at the same time?

Please let me know how I should approach adding new fish to the tank, or should I even add new fish at all...

How big is the current Maroon. If the new clown is small enough to escape the bigger one into the rocks he should be okay. What size is the tank and how much rock. The wrasse should have no problem escaping the clown. For size we had a breeding female maroon that was about 5 inched and her mate was about 1 inch. So the small the better for the new fish.

How big is the current Maroon. If the new clown is small enough to escape the bigger one into the rocks he should be okay. What size is the tank and how much rock. The wrasse should have no problem escaping the clown. For size we had a breeding female maroon that was about 5 inched and her mate was about 1 inch. So the small the better for the new fish.
The maroon is relatively small, probably under an inch, if I were to get a mate, it'd be a pretty small guy.

Ok, so my plan of action is to get the 6 line and a juvenile maroon, just place the 6 line straight in the tank after quarantine and then put the juvenile maroon in an acclimation box until he stops getting harassed by the big mama.
To be safe, get a juvenile. Otherwise you risk it becoming/being female.

order of entry is key!
most aggressive and territorial should be added last
but unfortunately such fishes are very hardy and somewhat tolerant of less than ideal water chemistry
and are subsequently sold to newbies in the early stages of the aquarium.

Back