Kessil

Came home from the meeting to no power

We normally don't loose power here in th scenic hamlet of Montara, but today was an exception. Luckily it was not off too long, and as I'm not a big fish person I don't get too concerned about O2. I figgure if the temp drops, the O2 increases so not much of a big deal, plus the beer was still cold in the fridge which means the bored neighbors migrate to the "fun house" (my place) of course that's a treat.

Anyway, I came home with a virtual frag pack from Wayland (thanks), and it looks like "Blink*" missed out on a couple of frags. Don't worry "Blink*" you stoked a couple of people out with their new frags.

Good meeting, I think we're all chomping at the bit to see the finished Steinhart reef, a dream for many of us reefers!

Good meeting, I think we're all chomping at the bit to see the finished Steinhart reef, a dream for many of us reefers!

Yeah no kidding, Matt said they'd be moving in roughly in November and should have corals in their by December, but another 9 months until it opens after that... I mean come on we're all pros here we can come visit and critique can't we?? :D

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2498.msg25738#msg25738 date=1192331967]

Yeah no kidding, Matt said they'd be moving in roughly in November and should have corals in their by December, but another 9 months until it opens after that... I mean come on we're all pros here we can come visit and critique can't we?? :D

[/quote]haha! I can see it now the BAR crew with hard hats on standing around with beers in their hands barking orders (Chop-Chop) while the workers roll their eyes.

How's that deep water? Did it color up after the dip?Here is a pic of its parent. 250w reeflux 10K
reef10-11-2007005_edited.jpg

Deepwater is NICE, held its color too. Thanks Wayland!!!

Another kicker is my mini jet on my QT fried last night in a Rio like fashion. Oh boy 100% water change and a not so family friendly dialog with myself.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=2498.msg25744#msg25744 date=1192378476]

Another kicker is my mini jet on my QT fried last night in a Rio like fashion. Oh boy 100% water change and a not so family friendly dialog with myself.
[/quote]
Great to hear it's doing well.So how does the wannabe Death Maul compare?

[quote author=nash link=topic=2498.msg25795#msg25795 date=1192491077]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=2498.msg25744#msg25744 date=1192378476]

[/quote]
Great to hear it's doing well.So how does the wannabe Death Maul compare?
[/quote]Hard to say at this point, the "Maul" is only starting to color up from it's vacation under 10k. It's still in my main system too, a very low nutrient SPS tank that chalice, zoas, Rics etc hate. I'm afraid to put it in my dedicated chalice tank b/c of its neighbors sweepers.

The wannabe is definitely a nice coral, it needs time as well in close proximity to the DM to see contrast. I'll for sure keep you posted.

Back