Reef nutrition

Cameleon Yuma!

Back in Sept I picked up a georgious baby yuma. Well shortly after I was trying to remove part of the branch it was attached to becouse there was some sponge on it. Well I ended up crushing the branch and the yuma floating away, no where to be found. Then one day I niced a large pink shroom looking like critter extending from it's foot about 2 inches from the bottom of my tank. I thought maybe it was a hitch hicker until I finally pulled it from the sand bed today. It turns out that my yuma survived but becouse it was so low in the tank for so long it darkened up.... a lot!

Here is a pic of it when I got it. (best $10 I ever spent)
ricordeayumababy.jpg

...and one of it now. It is a lot pinker when it's fully extended. I have it held down with some mesh higher up in my tank and I'll post a new pic once it's attached and fully extended.
ricordeayuma4.jpg

Any tips on getting this booger to attach out be awesome. It's foot is stuck to some sand and isn't taking hold on the rock and I don't know how long I want to leave it covered with mesh? Glue sounds like a bad idea since there isn't enough sand for it to stick to, it'd end up litterally frying the foot.... at least that's what I think would happen.

nope. glue the foot onto another rock, it will stick to the sand and attach after a few days. These things are nearly indestructable.

Nice yuma too. The dark color is the normal pattern. The first pic is bleached/stressed.

I have one in my tanks somewhere still... I think :D

You know that didn't even cross my mind but I am not surprised... well I bet I look like a newbie.... wait I am :D (relatively speaking)

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2696.msg28315#msg28315 date=1197528953]
Nice yuma too. The dark color is the normal pattern. The first pic is bleached/stressed.

I have one in my tanks somewhere still... I think :D
[/quote]

Back