got ethical husbandry?

CAS Donation Hall of Fame

Matt_Wandell

Supporting Member
Honorary Supporting Member
Hi all, I recently started what I hope will be a bit of a tradition of taking photos of coral donations that people have given to us. Both as a way to acknowledge these great gifts that we depend on, but to also show what kind of growth is possible to accomplish in captive corals.

I'm imagining that this thread will eventually look a bit like a backwoods bait shop wall with photos of trophy sized trout and bass and the guys who caught them. :D I know there are a bunch of people who have given us stuff that I haven't captured in photo form yet, so if you want to contribute a photo of something you've donated, feel free!

Enjoy, and many thanks to everyone in BAR who has helped build our big tank.

Stan and his impressive Montipora capricornis colony (also donated a large Euphyllia colony)
IMG_1676.jpg

Jason and his two large Hydnophora excesa colonies
IMG_1272.jpg

Rich, is that big millipora I donated still alive? I never saw it in any display tank, but most of the time I was there, I was chasing kids around. But still, I was hoping it would find its way into a tank!

You know, I only had a small frag left, but my CA reactor has been offline for many many months (OK, a year) and I this frag has not grown much at all. The original colony grew like insanity (with the CA reactor probably!).

V

V - its still alive. Matt and I moved it to the big tank a while ago (after fraggin it) and it didn't do well so it back of house again recovering. Its really interesting that some corals are doing great and some aren't. Weird!

Thales said:
V - its still alive. Matt and I moved it to the big tank a while ago (after fraggin it) and it didn't do well so it back of house again recovering. Its really interesting that some corals are doing great and some aren't. Weird!

Some are..... Unkillable!

True, so .... you want some green ricordias for that tank? ;) I keep giving them away, they keep respawning! It's like some sort of Call of Duty: Ricordia. I frag 'em and they respawn again!

V

I think I have some of that millepora from a fragswap long ago, never really branched but puddled along the bottom of my tank and then up the side, been meaning to donate that as well... however it's a tad difficult to remove :D

Back