Jestersix

Chemiclean killing anemone ?

Krustykrab

Supporting Member
Has anyone had any experience with Chemiclean and BTAs? My 29 gallon tank has only 2 Clark’s clownfish and innumerable bubble tip anemones covering every light exposed area of rock plus some on back wall of tank and glass. All were clones of my original anemone. Had always been very happy looking. I used Chemiclean for the first time ever in this tank at slightly less than the recommended dosage. Within a few days most of the anemones were contracted, dark in coloration, and eventually just gone. There are still probably 30 left but they’re not happy. The clownfish miss what to them was one giant anemone. I’ve done four 25% water changes a few days apart. I think the injury was either from the initial treatment or coincidence, but not the water condition now. The water parameters were always within range of this tank. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The Chemiclean wasn’t for Cyanobacteria by the way, I won’t even get into why I used it, that’s another subject.

Wow 30+!!! Last month I used chemiean to rid cyano and it worked. Thanks @Matthew Meyer. My 6 nems are still healthy. However after 3 water change of 30-40 gallons, skimmer still overflow after 3 weeks. Finally I removed the cotton balls and the skimmer settle down.

Do you have any bio filter?

Wow 30+!!! Last month I used chemiean to rid cyano and it worked. Thanks @Matthew Meyer. My 6 nems are still healthy. However after 3 water change of 30-40 gallons, skimmer still overflow after 3 weeks. Finally I removed the cotton balls and the skimmer settle down.

Do you have any bio filter?
Are you looking for used filter floss for bacteria?

Lots of people have used chemiclean with anemones in tank. Perhaps it was due to whatever you were dosing the chemiclean for, and not the dosing itself?

Back