Clownfish Tank Advice

Discussion in 'Fish and Invertebrates' started by MolaMola, Dec 28, 2016.

1. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

I have a mature pair of ocellaris (over 10 years old) and a BTA they used to host in but are currently separated from. They currently reside in an Eclipse tank, maybe 12 gal, but need a new home. Thought they were going into a Biocube 14 but it looks like I am not getting that tank, which means my options are open!

Do you feel 12 gal of tank space is too small for the pair? When they lived in a 55 gal they never ventured more than a few inches from their nem. Should I give them more space?
    If I went with a larger tank it could be cool. Maybe I could add a shrimp-goby pair, softies, interesting inverts. Tankmate suggestions? I have a Kessil 160 ready to use but could consider an alternative.
    Tank suggestions? It needs to be standalone, no sump, probably less than 3' long but I have not measured. A Biocube with no hood sounded appealing because it is self-contained and could house a little fuge in the back.
  2. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Innovative Marine 25 gallon lagoon. It's a great size and a great looking rimless tank.
  3. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

Innovative marine 25 lagoon
  4. MolaMola

Now THAT would be great. I will be keeping my eyes open. I really like its depth front-to-back for a smallish AIO tank.
  5. Chromis

Chromis Supporting Member

6. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

The 25 IM Lagoon is probably too small for a "harem" tank." The actual water volume in one is only 20 gallons and that won't support many adult Clowns (once they get there.) Plus the quarters are pretty tight.
  7. MolaMola

8. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

I think I saw a 20 gallon Fusion tank, similar to the 25 lagoon, for sale on RC. Came with stand and media baskets and some other goodies for a decent price. I was thinking of picking it up myself, but the wife would kill me
  9. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

It's gone. A club member bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk