Kessil

Club DBTC SCOP(Sexy Corals Orange Passion) tenius

The_Lazy_Reefer

Supporting Member
So thanks to a generous member there’s a ton of coral floating around the club which is anwesome and when we broke down that tank there was this coral in the mix. Obviously this is a more desirable coral so I started fragging it up in hopes we can get a piece to every member given enough time. From what I can tell over the last month it’s a decent grower and loves high light and par which is a given.

I made 7 frags to start as I want to see how it reacts to fragging and how they heal but if all 7 are healed and good to go in couple weeks I’d be stoked to spread it around. If there’s more than 7 people interested we can do some rng thing to sort that out.

Happy Reefing Yall!

Attachments

• IMG_3071.jpeg
    IMG_3071.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3072.png
    IMG_3072.png
    286 KB · Views: 94
I'd like to give it a shot if you have extra, I have a few different sticks, and acros I've had for 2-3 months. I haven't killed any yet. However I don't have anything fancy like this yet, so I would definitely take a back seat to anyone who wants one with a longer success record with sps.

Let me know once BARCODE is made. I'm passing a frag to Randy C today. I recommend putting a rule that a receiver must be able to prove their system can support higher end SPS (via tank journal) and that the giver can choose who will receive a piece. Also state that getting in line does not automatically mean you will get a piece if one is ready.

Last edited:
Let me know once BARCODE is made. I'm passing a frag to Randy C today. I recommend putting a rule that a receiver must be able to prove their system can support higher end SPS and that the giver can choose who will receive a piece. Also state that getting in line does not automatically mean you will get a piece if one is ready.

What are a few types(names) of sps available around the bay area. That I should look for that would be a true test of my system that wouldn't be crazy expensive? I currently have, 2 different green acros, forest fire diga, purple stylo, a unnamed acro, a miyagi tart, green and red monti cap. I also have the green slimer, cali cali from cfm, and the adam bomb from the frag workshop.

So far they are all looking good to me in any case.

I'm not totally sure on the diffculty required in keeping any specific type of sps in general including they few I already have. I'd like to keep my eyes open for some specific ones you all might recommend if I get a chance to acquire any in the future.

What are a few types(names) of sps available around the bay area. That I should look for that would be a true test of my system that wouldn't be crazy expensive? I currently have, 2 different green acros, forest fire diga, purple stylo, a unnamed acro, a miyagi tart, green and red monti cap. I also have the green slimer, cali cali from cfm, and the adam bomb from the frag workshop.

So far they are all looking good to me in any case.

I'm not totally sure on the diffculty required in keeping any specific type of sps in general including they few I already have. I'd like to keep my eyes open for some specific ones you all might recommend if I get a chance to acquire any in the future.
Adam Bomb and CalaCali will be good testaments over time. PC Rainbow, The Fuzz, tri color valida or garf bonsai are all great "starter pieces for getting into higher end acros imo. The main difference I've found between keeping the more basic sps like digis/stylos is PAR. Higher end more colorful acros require much higher PAR to pull the colors and keep them happy.
ARC Master Yoda is another good one, along with RR The Vinh. PM me if you are looking for some pieces to add/build your collection.

Here's my SCOP currently. Fragged a bit off for RandyC just today after the picture.
View attachment 53661

Far left is unknown acro, next two adam bomb, cali cali, far right is green slimer.

So far cali cali is just green just like the slimer, but can't see any more brown on either of them like when I first got them.

The adam bomb still seems dark but starting to see hints of green sneaking through not sure how clear that is in picture.

Attachments

• 20240309_220956.jpg
    20240309_220956.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 31
I remember cutting that slimer. It’s coloring up. Look at the top. It’s a different green.
The Copps Calacali is coloring up too. At the top left I see two different colored polyps.

Back