Jestersix

Color tinting?

I've seen many beautiful pictures that were color tinted ... either only one color was defined in the whole picture and the rest black and white, or a certain area of the picture in color, and everything else black and white. How do people get this effect?

I did this for my websites front page pics of the artists (shamefull plug http://www.komplexrecords.com) I simplely took a color shot and outlined what I wanted to make black n white. Then I copied it, changed to blank n white and over layed it in another layer over the color pic, since it is exactly the same pic you don't need to place it, it just overlays. easy really.

Using Photoshop or something similar yes?
Right now I am using the default iPhoto software that came on my Mac to do some tweaking to my photos ... but as you can imagine, I cannot do a whole lot.
I am hoping to get cs3 within the next couple weeks.
thanks

here's one I made a while ago for fun

TubbsBlueZoos.jpg

It's all about layer masks and adjustment layers :)

A_Lee said:
Using Photoshop or something similar yes?
Right now I am using the default iPhoto software that came on my Mac to do some tweaking to my photos ... but as you can imagine, I cannot do a whole lot.
I am hoping to get cs3 within the next couple weeks.
thanks
Just use the online PS version until you get CS4......why CS3? CS4 is a much better program, don't let the others dissuade you :)

I use CS4 Suite 8+ hours a day Tony and I used CS3 Suite 8+ hours a day for the entire release, and CS2 for the same as well.. I find it not only faster but easier to use. I really find the nay Sayers on this one to be utterly wrong but to each their own. Burt Monroy loves it and he's a friggen PS God, same with Scott Kelby.

Back