Reef nutrition

Come to CFM your club has a FREE GIFT for you.

I plan to try the grow outs, these were my first two sticks. I've only had monticap before these, so I have no idea of what to really expect, lmao so far just happy I haven't killed them yet. I kind curious I saw on youtube videos sticks like higher flow, I have a torch 4-5 inches from them that waves pretty good with the current, should I place flow directly at the sticks "Like hammer them with it" or should I indirect be sufficent ? My only concern with giving direct flow would be I may have to move torch a bit so it doesn't blow near them.

I plan to try the grow outs, these were my first two sticks. I've only had monticap before these, so I have no idea of what to really expect, lmao so far just happy I haven't killed them yet. I kind curious I saw on youtube videos sticks like higher flow, I have a torch 4-5 inches from them that waves pretty good with the current, should I place flow directly at the sticks "Like hammer them with it" or should I indirect be sufficent ? My only concern with giving direct flow would be I may have to move torch a bit so it doesn't blow near them.
These corals have been in the hobby for over 20 years. Which makes them perfect for a beginner as they are more tolerant to changes. As for flow, more indirect is better. Doesn’t have to be blasting on it. Sps corals should be about 4-6” apart if you plan to grow them big. If you’re gonna trim and keep an eye on it. Then 3” apart might be fine ? As @Invictus said. Little close.

These corals have been in the hobby for over 20 years. Which makes them perfect for a beginner as they are more tolerant to changes. As for flow, more indirect is better. Doesn’t have to be blasting on it. Sps corals should be about 4-6” apart if you plan to grow them big. If you’re gonna trim and keep an eye on it. Then 3” apart might be fine ? As @Invictus said. Little close.
Thanks for taking time out to educate me. I'm aware they are close, I will be look for a good deal on a larger used tank in another month or two. I have limited space where they Wouldn’t potential get stung by some of my euphyllia. While still giving them 250/350+ par. My smaller frag/ new arrivals tank, doesn't have sufficent enough lighting at 100 peak par for sps.

Thanks for taking time out to educate me. I'm aware they are close, I will be look for a good deal on a larger used tank in another month or two. I have limited space where they Wouldn’t potential get stung by some of my euphyllia. While still giving them 250/350+ par. My smaller frag/ new arrivals tank, doesn't have sufficent enough lighting at 100 peak par for sps.
Just didn’t know if you were aware. I wasn’t when I first started. Wish someone had educated me. Would have made this hobby easier back then.

Very helpful advice. I did not really consider a larger distance between them. And I might have to reconsider some rearrangement in my display tank. I knew they would grow but I thought this would take a while and left the distance between them probably too close to each other (as per the picture) (sorry about the early morning glare, the tank gets a lot of natural light in the morning)

IMG_1422.jpeg

Back