Kessil

Coral ID help, please

Does anyone know what the ID of this coral is? thanks!

1244147379.jpg

1244147380.jpg

M. undata, there are many varieties similar to the Tyree, so you really can't say what lineage. Nice piece though, under good conditions I'd imagine it will color up real nice.

tuberider said:
M. undata, there are many varieties similar to the Tyree, so you really can't say what lineage. Nice piece though, under good conditions I'd imagine it will color up real nice.

Beat me to the punch :) Tyree's or rather the one Tyree was selling and labeling LE is just one of quite a few that have arrived in the US. When no one could get one that was really the only source around but now collectors have sent stateside boatloads of M. Undata.

I'm glad to say I own 3 and non are the Tyree piece :p All of mine are nicer IMO, especially the one the creates nodules :D

Yah, that's the one that forms massive nodules that I got from Greg Carroll IIRC.

btw, what's the base color? Does it have any metaalic hilights like the purple on the TP one?
Or a pic would do. LOL, I'm such a pain! hehe

It has a more minty/white metallic sheen. Now isn't the time to get a pic of it's color though, sorry. I'm less vocal then others of problems but I was messing with my dosing pump that runs my kalk reactor and it spent a few days running at 8.5 which really didn't help the montis with their color. Man did it kick in the growth on one digi though. Thing jumped right off the rock...no really I swear it did :)

I was just btching about how so many tanks are just frag tanks and how i wanted to let this colony grow. Guess since you asked I have to frag it for you (or call Greg and get you one from him :lol: ) I did just frag some stuff up the other day that will need some homes. Maybe you go DBTC it for me :lol: (a really nice porites and the Aussie undata I got).

Back