Jestersix

Custom Car Stereo

so ive built a nice lil stereo into the car, but as with my reef tank, good is never good enough. ive already built a beauty board for my amps, but now i want to do more. ild like to install my 2- 12's into the location where my spare tire is and a floating amp rack. any1 have any skills in this department? not afraid to pay or trade for services. but i know i wont be able to afford a shop's fees. i want to learn how to do it, and i do have some skills when it comes to this, i have just never worked with plexi or fiberglass.
-thanks

I did that many years ago but haven't touched them in a long time. Several members I know have great set-ups, one even mentioned my favorite speaker combo, Focals & JL subs :) With that combo you can't go wrong :)

i have eclipse amps, 2 mono and 1 4 channel. and 2 jl w3v2 12's. with 6x9s from eclipse and 6 1/2 component from polk with and eclipse AVN 7000 headunit. i built a decent beauty board for it with matching fabric to the trunk fabric and so i could mount the amps and create an air chamber in the trunk for the subs, which then adds to the cabin gain. ive already dynamatted 3 layers all over the car. but i want to reclaim my trunk space so i want to drop the subs into the spare tire compartment, cuz, its perfect air space. i use to work at circuit city doing that kinda stuff, but we never ventured into fiberglass.

Fiberglass is a real love hate thing for me. I love what you can do with it, but I hate working with it. I don't do it often enough to really stay on top of it so when I do it I find it hard at first then I get back into the groove. It just takes one too hot of a batch and it all comes back :D

I had a decent setup in my old car:

ROFL, my car is still up on cardomain:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/414793

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9815
Front Stage: CDT CL61's
Front Stage amp: A/D/S PQ10
Subs: 2 12" Adire Audio Shiva's
Sub amp: Precision Power PCX-1250

That A/D/S PQ10 was absolutely amazing. I actually still have it, I think it blew a cap or something, one of these days I'll get it working again.

The Adire Audio Shiva's were incredible subs as well, I think they were a small company up in Washington or Oregon, super tight, super solid, super cheap subs. I wish they were still around.

Back